Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or monitors final approval of products through the complete production cycle. Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading, and capacity requirements. Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Master Scheduler: Provides input to management; schedules and/or interfaces with marketing, sales, production and engineering managers. Works to resolve (in case of design changes) labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions. Oversees the master schedules and ensures comprehensive compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Develop a working knowledge of the company's products and processes to ensure optimal master schedule stability, order creation, rescheduling, load-leveling, etc.
- Analyze the demand and supply balance at the product family and master schedule levels, determining out-of-balance conditions, identifying alternatives, and recommending action for approval.
- Work with sales, marketing, and manufacturing to better understand competitive lead times for master scheduled items. Seek ways to reduce internal lead times as well as lead times to the customer.
- Challenge current manufacturing strategies for all product lines to be sure the best and most customer-oriented strategy is being used. Look for ways to move the company to make-to-order manufacturing.
- Conduct rough-cut capacity planning prior to publishing a master schedule in which significant changes have occurred.
- Summarize daily and weekly master schedules for released and firm planned orders and compare these to the production plan to ensure that the master schedule is within Sales and operations planning policy.
- Work within policy guidelines pertaining to master scheduling. Observe and follow all stated master scheduling procedures.
- Identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability and order promising integrity.
- Inform management when demand cannot be met, and recommend alternatives on how the requested demand could still be satisfied.
- Create a master schedule that levels work being released to manufacturing and at the same time satisfies customer demand.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with ability to communicate cross-functionally and with various levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a dynamic, and fast paced business environment.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
More About Us ....
Our work is everywhere you look - even if you can't actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.