You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
With direction from the Administrative Manager, Plant Manager & Supply Management, the Production Planner is responsible for ~$100MM in annual purchasing. This includes all raw materials & packaging supplies at the facility. This individual is responsible for planning and scheduling of metal processing equipment; including Littell cutting, 24/7 coating, waxing and multiple sheers. The Production Planner coordinates necessary outside processing, vendor consignment & outside warehousing. This position also handles customer service responsibilities; working directly with other Sonoco Closures facilities to satisfy production requirements.
- Safety. Sonoco prides itself in world class safety performance. All team members are expected to be actively involved in the safety process; including responsibility for their own personal safety and participation in team & process improvement related activities.
- Purchasing. The Production Planner coordinates all plant raw material, packaging and outside processing purchasing efforts. This includes ~$100MM in RM spend for coils, membrane, valves, coatings, compounds, packaging supplies and outside cutting/coating/scrap salvage. Participate in activities associated with vendor service/quality and new product introduction.
- Scheduling. The Production Planner develops metal processing production schedules to meet internal production & Closures sales requirements while minimizing changeovers, downtime, and inventory. This includes operations of Littel cutting, coating, waxing and sheers.
- SPS Supply Chain/Cash Flow. Work with operations team, supply chain manager and category managers to maintain ideal inventory levels of raw materials, WIP and finished goods. Monitor material obsolescence and pursue continuous effort of resolution and disposition. Track and coordinate vendor consignment, outside warehousing, AP and debit memo activities.
- CSR. Handle all aspects of Closures/Metal Processing Customer Service (CSR) responsibilities.
- Oracle/Finance. Serve as Oracle administrator including troubleshooting, account alias transactions and receipt/audit responsibilities. Participate in month end closing and annual costing activities. Account Payable, accruals, invoice/price variance, consumption tracking, tariff analysis and annual raw material cost support.
This position is located in Memphis, TN at our Presidents Island facility. PI is one of the largest manufacturing facilities in the company and is a 24/7 manufacturer of metal closures for the Snack, Powdered Beverage, Powdered Infant Formula, Caulk and other segments. Sonoco PI offers a family oriented environment and a dynamic, strategically important opportunity to make an immediate impact and to grow in operations, administration & supply chain.
- We expect you to have a 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- You will have at least 1 year of experience.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.