No Relocation Assistance Offered
#73691 - Sanford, Maine, United States
The Planning Manager will be responsible for the effective finished goods production planning and replenishment of raw & packaging materials to meet forecasted demand and distribution throughout the US Supply Chain. He/she supports the company productivity initiatives by establishing and monitoring processes to deliver against key performance goals including; Case Fill, Inventory Turns, Cycle Time Interval and Schedule Adherence. This position coordinates with facility Operations, Suppliers, Customer Service, Logistics, Forecasting and other key Supply Chain groups to deliver targeted results. This is a highly dynamic position, requiring a flexible, results oriented person who demonstrates leadership and strong team skills.
- Lead the activities of a production planning team – serve as the focal point for fulfillment of the facility’s customer service goals.
- Work closely with Plant Manager to deliver results and balance priorities. Work closely with Team Leaders to determine, highlight, communicate and drive solution to Plant Supply Chain issues.
- Oversee and ensure effective planning and adherence to daily production schedules.
- Ensure effective methods and practices for raw and packaging material procurement, production scheduling, and finished goods deployment to distribution centers.
- Coordinate with international subsidiary counterparts to support global sourcing initiatives.
- Monitor and communicate performance against Key Performance Indicators (Case Fill/Production – daily; other KPI’s - weekly/monthly as appropriate.)
- Integrate plans and coordinate with category Specialty Packaging Planner to fulfill Specialty Packaging requirements and service goals.
- Drive Supply Chain/Production Planning best practices for the facility. Master planning tools available and use them to improve plant and customer service KPIs
- Demand Flow Review – Verify that deployment network is set up correctly. Verify that demand is flowing through the system correctly from the forecast to the plant
- Manage Inventory/Working Capital/SLOB – Must achieve 5 point objective, Quarter end goals provided, OPMs negotiate number between NY and plant, while managing service, new sales requests, new product launches, etc.
- Cost Accountability – Responsible for developing the most efficient schedule; Must “control the plan”, which translates to controlling cost - Cost per case, Overtime – Balance labor needs to meet the lowest possible TDC
- Manage Capacity – For Plant and Vendors; Identify capital needs to meet future demand; Identify long term capacity constraints;
- Plant leadership team member – Lead by example, and drive plant culture into day-to-day activities.
- Understand commercial needs, Supply Chain capabilities and plant restrictions to ensure that the correct operational strategy is in place.
- Work closely with Procurement team on material sourcing strategies and vendor relations
- Ensuring data integrity of SAP: Bill of Materials, R/3 and APO master data, planned and production orders, purchase orders.
- Manage material discontinuation to minimize slow movers and obsolete materials.
- B.A. /B.S. degree in Engineering, Operations Management/Business (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in production, planning, purchasing, customer service or logistics is required.
- Good technical, communicationsand interpersonal skills are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Tom's of Maine? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Empowering a naturally healthy life – for our family and yours – for over 45 years. When Tom and Kate Chappell moved to Maine and started making natural personal care products, they were guided by two simple philosophies.
• First, that it was possible to make effective personal care products that were free from artificial flavors, fragrances, sweeteners, colors and preservatives.
• And second, that businesses should be good corporate citizens working to care for the planet and communities. These same philosophies guide us to this day. Tom’s of Maine products – including toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, bar soap, body wash, lotions and lip balms – are sold across the United States and Canada. And because we are so committed to giving back, we donate 10% of our profits to charitable organizations, and our employees can use 5% of their paid time volunteering for causes they are passionate about.
Tom’s of Maine is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine and Colgate, please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.