The Production Planner/Scheduler level I will assist in developing a Master Schedule for all assigned workflow, identifying potential resource constraints, and resolving conflicts or elevating these potential constraints to upper management. This position will work closely with the Production Planning and Control Manager providing assistance and feedback when required. This position will be responsible for the overall planning, scheduling, coordination, tracking, and expediting of work within or between assigned departments of the organization to meet the production forecast. The Production Planner/Scheduler level I will coordinate the collection of pertinent data to analyze performance elements from the functional departments. This position has to have knowledge of each stage of the production process to effectively organize resources and to execute a job plan that will keep production running on schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish workflow schedules using capacity planning and priorities for work cells to meet the organizations overall goals by utilizing inventory information and production rates.
- Correctly assess whether required parts can be issued from Inventory, should be manufactured in-house, or sub-contracted to outside vendors.
- Determine the status of assigned workflow and alter unforeseen conditions to maintain workflow being engaged in the upfront planning of all workflow/projects, present and future, with the ability to respond to drop- in workflow with a reasonable degree of accuracy.
- Assist in developing the Master Schedule by collecting data from all inputs including sales, production and operations.
- Confer with department supervisors and other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Research order and delivery discrepancies and resolve any MRP related issues. Take appropriate corrective actions to prevent similar issues.
- Coordinate and manage special projects/customer work as required.
- Assist in developing and publishing processes and procedures to standardize operating procedures of the department
- Perform other duties as assigned to insure the success of projects, individuals, and the company
- Oversee the preparation and deliver of detailed work packages including required drawings, production instructions, inspection requirements and router with completion dates.
- AA degree in Business or Technical Associates Degree, or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or technical field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Required previous work experience: 2 to 4 years of prior aviation/aerospace or other high technical manufacturing/MRO environment experience with knowledge of workflow and operation in a hands on labor capacity or in a production function (i.e. engineering, supply chain, quality, planning).
- Knowledge of workflow and operation for aviation/aerospace or other high technical manufacturing/MRO environment in a hands on labor capacity or in a production support function with knowledge of project management, Microsoft Office products and Dynamics AX or other MRP/ERP system.
- Must have strong organization, communication, project management, and computer usage with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to be flexible with a dynamic workload with attention to detail, change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis and to work additional hours and shifts as required.
- Requires a high level of communication both verbally and written to provide clear and concise work instructions and communicate verbally with managers, cell leaders and peers.
- This position may require overtime, evenings, weekend work, or an on-call status to support the company’s goals.
- Although this position is subject to guidance and evaluation from management with goals, it is with limited amount of supervision; meaning the person must be self-motivated, a strong communicator, and thorough, but one who is cautiously assertive and can make decisions to support the companies goals.
- Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
- Effective Communication - Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork - Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change - Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”