American Vulkan Corporation, www.vulkan.com, is a dynamic and diverse manufacturing company in Central Florida, exporting and importing precision manufactured products worldwide. With a military and non-military customer base, our inventory spans from HVAC tube connectors weighing less than one ounce to mega-ship couplings weighing 30,000 pounds. American Vulkan is a leader in its field with state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment in a climate-controlled shop and warehouse. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an exceptional comprehensive benefits package. EEO.
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Interpret engineering drawings, sketches, or diagrams.
- Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Recommend modifications to equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
- Oversee or inspect production processes.
- Analyze, estimate, or report production costs.
- Compile operational data to develop cost or time estimates, schedules, or specifications.
- Monitor and control inventory.
- Compile and report upon the booked hours of production assets.
- Develop and maintain new routing entries for new parts through Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Analyze operational, production, economic, or other data, using statistical procedures.
- Prepare schedules for equipment use.
- Prepare reports regarding inventories of raw materials or finished products.
- Analyze material flows or supply chains to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and conserve energy.
- Analyze and act upon shop monitoring software.
- Microsoft Office 365 software – Word, Excel, Outlook (PowerPoint if applicable)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Employees must use safety shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection while on American Vulkan Corporation’s (AVC) property where applicable. Traveling employees must also comply with customers’ safety policies.
- Confidentiality – The ability to limit access and use of information and documents to authorized persons.
- Work under time pressure.
- Observe and comply with AVC rules and regulations.
- Must agree to (and pass) a background check, physical (if applicable), and drug screening testing.
- Associate Degree preferred, or equivalent experience considered.
The Task/Activities listed below are not required but noted as a plus:
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Record or oversee the recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
Competitive Salary and Exceptional Benefits Package