NPA Coatings Inc., a manufacturer of liquid coatings and pre-treatment chemicals is currently seeking a Production Planning / Materials Manager to support the Cleveland production operations. The Production Planning / Materials Manager is responsible for initiating and overseeing all aspects of planning, inventory control and transactional data. This position will oversee production planning and production control (forecasting-work with inside sales, raw material availability, production scheduling, transactional data, process flow and inventory accuracy). Duties will also include coordinating activities with various departments to determine the priority, scheduling and order verification of customer requirements.
- Primary contact for Inside Sales, Technical, Production, Purchasing, IT, Warehousing and Accounting with regards to inventory control and production planning
- Coordinates with production group to meet customer demand and schedules
- Oversees all functions related to Production Planning and Scheduling (Forecasts with Inside Sales, Raw Material Procurement, Production Scheduling, Job Creation, Transactional Data)
- Monitors forecast quantities and assesses demand requirements (FG / Raw Material / Intermediates) through data base system utilizing MRP
- Monitors forecast quantities and planning multiples to ensure accuracy
- Prepares, issues, updates schedule with delivery requirements as needed
- Ensures ISO/TS requirements are met as related to specified account, customer specifications and organizational standards
- Coordinates with all departments for problem-solving activities and root cause analysis, maintaining customer confidence. Notifies sales of delivery disruptions
- Controls raw material, intermediates and finished goods in stock
- Tracks and compiles data as needed and provides reports as necessary
- Oversees batch reconciliations and closings
- Tracks and coordinates disposition of B/C stock
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field
- 5+ years of manufacturing planning and scheduling experience preferred. Batch processing experience also preferred.
- Supervisory responsibility of 3 to 5 employees
- Proven supervisory skills in coordinating projects and managing processes
- Intimate knowledge of MRP/ERP systems – experience with DEACOM a plus
- Excellent communication, written and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to utilize software for database, charting and reporting procedures
- Fundamental knowledge of paint industry and application
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package with medical/dental, 401(k) plan, bonus incentive plan, educational assistance and more. For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter highlighting skills, competencies and abilities for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Local candidates preferred. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPAC is affiliated with Nippon Paint and Nippon Paint Group.