Responsible for supervising the HSF 2nd shift production, sanitation and quality operations delivering consistently high quality products through the efficient use of labor. In addition this individual will ensure that all quality procedures are followed and all plant quality goals are met as well as maintain food product safety while assuring the company meets regulatory standards.
- Supervise 2nd shift production and 3rd shift sanitation employees to maximize quality, food safety and productivity while maintaining Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs)
- Schedule daily production according to the orders received from the Stationstores.
- Ensure all required Quality documentation is updated as required (daily, monthly, annually, etc.)
- Train and monitor employees in production techniques for maximum productivity.
- Train and monitor employees in sanitation procedures and maintain employee sense of urgency and understanding of the importance of the sanitation process
- Ensure that production, sanitation and product safety procedures are in compliance with company standards as well as FDA, MDA, FSMA, OSHA and other regulations.
- Maintain HACCP program and ensure plant compliance
- Maintain Quality Program and ensure compliance with environmental, sanitation and product quality controls.
- Supervise and evaluates outside lab results.
- Develop/Provide training and resources for plant personnel in quality and food safety practices.
- Reviews product labels to ensure regulatory compliance and accuracy.
- Takes corrective action to resolve all quality issues.
- Develops/Maintains all quality related documentation
- Participates in communications to all Federal/State regulatory agencies.
- Communicate effectively with Production Employees, Plant Manager, HSF Purchasing department and Human Resources Manager.
- Understand and utilize various computer systems and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by HSF Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated knowledge of the production process of food products
- Ability to comprehend GMPs, Sanitation processes, product recall procedures and HAACP.
- Ability to generate written and verbal communications clearly and succinctly.
- Strong computer skills in business related software
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Prior experience working with USDA/FDA and other regulatory agencies
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry up to 30 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to work in an environment that is approximately 38-40 degrees for the majority of an 8 hour shift.
- Mechanical aptitude desired
- High School Diploma and two year associate degree with a concentration in food service/nutrition.
- 5 years’ supervisory experience in a food production environment with an emphasis on quality assurance.