SNF Chemtall, a subsidiary of SNF Holding Company is currently seeking a Production Shift Supervisor. The Production Shift Supervisor oversees the daily production operations of the plant under the direction of a Plant Foreman and/or Area Manager. The supervisor monitors operations for efficiency and safety while ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are met. The supervisor also develops production schedules to meet internal goals as well as the expectations of customers and monitors quality and production. The supervisor is responsible for the management of production staff, including hiring, training, and disciplining of personnel.
This is a rotating shift position. Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
- Directly supervising the activities of six to twelve hourly employees charged with the chemical manufacture and packaging of multiple production lines and processes.
- Maintaining and improving safety standards while conforming to safe work practices and procedures.
- Identifying and initiating corrective actions to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to product quality and production efficiency.
- Following up on corrective actions through to completion.
- Minimizing and controlling labor costs by enforcing and/or adjusting schedules as needed.
- Checking that finished product meets all customer specifications and sign-off on orders.
- Demonstrating proficiency in the areas of administering performance appraisals, effective coaching/development and disciplining employees when necessary.
- Ensuring all safety permits are completed and followed.
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts site wide.
- Attending and actively participating in all safety and production meetings.
- Working with the engineering & maintenance departments to facilitate plant maintenance.
- Troubleshooting issues in order to decrease downtime & improve productivity/efficiency.
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical degree is required.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience with a focus on quality, safety, and environmental matters in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience or relevant course work required.
- Proven track record of focusing on safety, quality, production, and environmental matters.
- Superior communication (verbal & written), ability to motivate, prioritize, and organize in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong supervisory skills and/or leadership skills with interpersonal and people skills.
- Positive & proactive attitude with ability to address issues, follow up and implement solutions as required.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Development & Training
Click Here To Apply