Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Area Manager/Production Manager, this position will be responsible for organizing & managing all production & related activities in the assigned production area. The Group Leader supervises the production team members in implementing work processes, ensuring the production proceeds smoothly. Be responsible for the team building, assessment & management of Team Leaders and team members. Guide and coach Team Leaders in optimizing resources in the most efficient manner consistent with standard work procedures, work instructions, quality standards, safety parameters and team management skills.
Environmental Health & Safety Management:
- Leads by example and reinforces safety practices while enforcing Tenneco safety policies.
- Leads the team in creating a safe working environment by organizing & holding monthly safety meetings for safety education, risk assessment, accident investigations & other related safety activities, increasing safety awareness.
- Leads the team in discovering & eliminating any hidden dangers in the production line.
- Be the person-in-charge of safety in your designated area of the factory on your shift.
- Investigates reports and communicates all accidents, injuries and/or illness and near misses. Analyzes & systematically resolves the problem & prevents its recurrence (G2).
- Drafts the production line’s 《Lessons Learned》 safety document (G2).
- Organize production is in accordance to the related quality documents in the production line.
- Guides Team Leaders in raising their quality awareness & in carrying out quality tasks.
- Leads the team in discovering any hidden quality issues & analyzing any abnormalities. Formulates action plans to resolve the issues, & push for improvements across the board.
- Leads the implementation of quality control checks & related quality-control activities.
- Analyzes any major quality problems, & systematically resolves the problem & prevents its recurrence.
- Coordinates the various departments’ resources, & assists the Area Manager in meeting the department’s quality objectives.
- Draft the production line’s 《Lessons Learned》 quality document (G2).
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises the activities of team members to meet production schedules and to hold them accountable for their performance.
- Supervises the team members in safety & standard operations, coordinating resources to handle production abnormalities promptly.
- In early stages of new product launch, coordinates the resources needed and help to resolve problems.
- Participates in the drafting, auditing & updating of production process documents, operating standards & other related documentation.
- Participates in the drafting of the BOS/IBR reports.
- Analyzes abnormal production indicators, drafts the reports, & implements the improvement plan.
- Cascades the monthly & yearly production targets, monitors and tracks progress.
- Offers advice & opinions on the process flow design for new projects.
- Ensures that production components & MRO are properly issued, recovered, and coordinates the handling of any abnormalities.
- Be in charge of the management of your line’s MRO, & optimize the usage.
- Assists the Area Manager with consolidating & analyzing inventory discrepancy data, & coaches Team Leaders on increasing their analytical skills. Compiles discrepancies into a line inventory report, & participates in improving inventory data accuracy.
- Directs the maintenance & management of equipment & fixtures.
- Assists in the audit of the equipment & fixtures for new projects.
- Coordinates resources to drive improvements for the equipment & tooling.
- Assists the Area Manager & equipment/process engineers to update & complete the TPM Checklist according to production needs & equipment condition.
- Proposes & drafts improvements for the equipment & tooling for the launch period of new projects.
- Champions the 5S process and ensures standards are achieved/maintained, & continue to improve.
- Build up a (N1) S demonstration cell (G2)
- Promoter & person-in-charge of the Lean Manufacturing improvement activities.
- Leads the team to accomplish yearly goals.
- Be in charge of performance improvement & cost leadership plans for the line.
- Leads the team by applying continuous improvement tools to the production area.
- Assists the Area Manager to complete various section improvement goals.
- Plans & implements training of multiple skills for the team members. Provides timely and effective feedback to team members.
- Be aware of the team members’ condition. Communicate frequently, ensuring stability in your team. Promptly report issues to the Area/Production Manager & the HR department if necessary.
- Develops supports and monitors activities that foster teamwork and engagement within the group.
- Interviews and approves new hiring when required.
- Coaches Team Leaders on their day-to-day work.
- Implements in-house training for the Team Leaders.
- College (or equivalent)
- 2 or more years of production management experience.
- Must be willing to work an off-shift
- Experience with leading groups of people
- Work experience in the automotive parts industry preferred.
- Understanding of lean production & 5S.
- Familiar in the use of MS Office software.
- Must possess knowledge to read, write, and perform basic math skills (includes basic algebra, fractions, geometry).
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram forms.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, make minor adjustments and/or perform preventive maintenance on metal bending, welding, forming, fabrication, and assembly equipment would be beneficial.
- Experience in effective use of quality control gauges/equipment, inventory systems, blueprint interpretation, computer applications, and SPC charting where applicable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.