Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce we are now recruiting for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor for our Vandalia, OH manufacturing facility.
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits
As our Production Supervisor you’ll provide leadership and guidance to safely produce the highest quality product at the lowest cost, while implementing preventive measures to non-conformances and inefficiencies, creating an environment where teamwork and continuous improvement are the standard. The supervisor will report to the Operations Manager and will represent operations on cross-functional teams.
This position will deal with work instructions, standard work, and inspection documentation, production reporting paper work, non-conforming material forms, work orders, BOM's, production entry, and all ISO/TS documentation that applies to their job classification.
As the successful candidate your resume will reflect the following:
- Achieve departmental goals - scrap, build performance, PPH, delivery, etc.
- Assist in Assigning staffing to meet departmental goals and support production.
- Perform root cause analysis of production issues and obtain corrective actions utilizing the appropriate support staff.
- Provide daily communication with production staff regarding performance, areas for improvement, company news/updates, etc.
- Ensures parts are produced to appropriate quality level and ensures suspect product is contained and corrective actions and root cause analysis are underway
- Accurately completes all production documentation and data entry in a timely manner.
- Hold employees accountable to their job duties in a fair, consistent and professional manner. Suggest/recommend disciplinary action and assist with deployment when needed
- Assist with training employees on all aspects of their job and assist with creating training program.
- Act as backup for other supervisors when absent.
- Promotes team building and team environment.
- BS in Engineering / Manufacturing Operations
- Continuous improvement/GK experience (leading or participating in team), preferred
- Ability to understand and use lean manufacturing principles
- Physical requirements include standing for extended length of time, walking, bending, reaching and occasionally lifting max of 30 lbs.
- Ability to coach and motivate people
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, AS400
- Strong problem solving skills - using tools such as 5 why, fish-bone diagrams, etc.
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
Johnson Electric is a global leader in motion products, control systems and flexible interconnects. We serve a broad range of industries including automotive, building automation and security, business machines, defense and aerospace, food and beverage, home technologies, HVAC, industrial equipment, medical devices, personal care, power equipment and power tools.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.