Job Title : Production Supervisor 3
Duration : 6 months (Temp to Hire)
Work Location: Trenton NJ 08619-3311
Hours: 2:30pm to 11:30pm
Supervises and coordinates daily operation of 2nd shift production assembly with responsibility for achieving maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner. Actively participates in all areas of employment, performance evaluations, associate relations, and associate development while promoting total employee involvement.
- Ensures a safe work place is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance. Completes accident reports and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identifies accidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
- Supervises the activities of production associates to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost and time. Evaluates the performance of associates and completes necessary reports. Recommends merit increases and training/development needs.
- Reviews daily and weekly shipping schedules and production capabilities to assure all deadlines are met. Checks running orders/query dispatch lists to determine schedule priorities. Coordinates and expedites hot parts and assigns rework.
- Inspects and monitors production quality and equipment. Ensures quality procedures/practices are applied to the process, tooling, and equipment to achieve expected quality improvements.
- Supervises the utilization of materials to assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain smooth production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods; reports any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager, Production; and, reports suggestions recommended by associates for procedure change, etc.
- Promotes and supports the company's efforts in associate involvement concepts, and "open door" communications through the development and or implementation of various programs.
- Promotes commitment to quality through attitude, behavior, communication, and development/implementation of programs and activities.
- Communicates/updates shift management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Lean principles preferred
- Experience leading large team in fast paced production environment preferred
- 4+ years in Manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work with others collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing throughout day.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects less than 25 pounds as well as occasional lifting of objects 25 to 50 pounds.
- May on occasion require lifting, with assistance, of objects weighing 50 to 75 pounds.