Tempur-Sealy in Brenham, TX is currently seeking exceptional 2nd Shift Supervisor to be part of the Operations team.
We are looking for a hard working, inspirational leader who is goal-oriented to support the production of some of the most highly recognized brands in the mattress industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directly supervises production hourly employees in manufacturing activities of an assigned production area in such a manner that approved quality products are manufactured and/or delivered on schedule and within specifications and cost requirements.
* Directs work group or department to assure on-time production and/or delivery
* Selects and trains employees to produce at standard-and-above efficiency.
* Responsible for maintaining quality standards.
* Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and positive relationships.
* Responsible for teaching safe work practices, good housekeeping procedures and seeing that they are adhered to.
* Responsible for having machines and/or equipment kept in good repair.
* Recommends changes or improvement in methods, equipment, handling or lay-out.
* Responsible for accuracy of required administrative reports and record keeping.
* Responsible for controlling absenteeism, scrap and waste.
* Frequent contact with office staff giving and/or receiving information.
* Completes all other projects assigned by supervisor.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods, to sit and talk or hear.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
* Safety glasses are required PPE.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes mattresses, adjustable bases, pillow and other sleep and relaxation products in approximately 100 countries. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry, including Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Sealy®, Sealy Posturepedic®, Optimum™ and Stearns & Foster®. Our comprehensive suite of bedding products offers a variety of products to consumers across a broad range of channels.
We recognize that our employees are our most important resource. As such, we strive to treat each individual with respect and courtesy and build an atmosphere characterized by strong teamwork, mutual trust and open communication.
Experience: Three years' experience in supervising others and maintaining efficient and productive work groups.
* Strong commitment to maintaining safe working culture.
* Skills in developing, communicating and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with and among employees.
* Ability to communicate effectively with employees and all levels of management
* Strong project management and process improvement skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a practical, methodical way while preserving sense of urgency
* Solid computer skills, to include data entry, Excel, and Word
* To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
* Strong 6S and Lean experience preferred.
* Experience leading Kaizen events.
Education: High school graduate or GED; college degree preferred
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled