CTDI is a large scale logistics repair and engineering company that services the country’s largest telecommunications and cable providers. CTDI has over 7,000 FT US Employees in over 58 world class US Operations. CTDI also has a global footprint with more than 16,500 employees worldwide.
The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Specifically, the responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervise production and technical activity of production lines.
- Monitor departmental performance metrics to insure production requirements are met.
- Provide first level of support for any escalated issue during work shift.
- Train, motivate, and support staff in all areas of company and departmental procedures and expectations.
- Coach and council employees on performance deficiencies and document as required as well provide positive reinforcement and encouragement when performance is on target.
- Complete employee attendance and payroll requirements.
- Prepare and administer daily performance feedback and reporting as required.
- Proven technical aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate employees.
- Proactive problem solving ability.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The ability to interact with and coach team members to production goals.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good PC skills with experience in Word and Excel applications.
- Ability to interact professionally with the customer in written and verbal communications.
- 5 years of supervisory experience in a materials/distribution environment is preferred
- Trained in lean production techniques a plus
- An understanding of Oracle purchasing module is a plus
- Previous experience working in a high volume distribution, manufacturing, technical service (i.e. testing and repair) or forward logistics operation a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). College Degree a plus
Apply today to join our dynamic team! CTDI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and has been a growing leader in the telecommunications field for over 40 years. Come put our successful history behind your career!