Supervise, lead and coordinate the activities of a Production Department or function to achieve company goals. Complete daily production requirements in a cost effective manner which meet or exceed all Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practice and Employee Safety expectations. Adequately train and instruct others within the assigned department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and supervise all processes to produce products that meet specifications
- Ensure the Safety of all employees.
- Meet production costs that are equal to or less than standard.
- Encourage and promote teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Train all employees to complete their job in a safe and efficient manner.
- Make decisions regarding product quality, employee relations and equipment breakdowns.
- Assist in developing plant budgets and daily production plans.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training.
- Certified or able to become certified in Better Process Control School, Thermal Processing and Container Closure.