Responsible for managing production activities that produce a quality product in a safe and cost effective manner that meets the production schedule and cost specifications. Provide subordinates measurable objectives that can be achieved within their evaluation period.
Ability to analyze production performance and implement process improvements to minimize downtime, reduce material and labor requirements, and lower overall cost per case of our products in a safe working environment.
- Evaluates the performance and advancement potential of each employee through analysis of production efficiency data on a daily basis. Develops and manages training budget and programs. Identifies, schedules, and records training opportunities for all production employees. Consistently enforces all company policies. Resolves personnel problems and conflicts to include disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Manages daily production activities to insure personnel follow established procedures and approved processes to meet goals and objectives in a safe and clean working environment to produce high quality products. Delegate responsibility and authority to the appropriate personnel to insure production functions effectively while maintaining overall accountability. Must be able to fill in all positions and operate equipment as required in all production areas to insure production output in event of break relief and absenteeism.
- Informs the appropriate departments of major production issues and participates in the resolution of the problem, as a leader by example. For example, informing the planning coordinator of major downtime issues in order for the production schedule to be modified accordingly; working with maintenance to assist and repair or resolve problems. Must also stay abreast of all raw material shortages, which must be reported immediately to maintain production efficiency.
- Actively participates with peers in special studies or projects relating to process improvements and cost reductions, including the initiation, analysis and implementation of these improvements. Creates an environment where employees feel valued, challenged, and empowered.
- Maintains a safe work environment by taking the necessary actions to insure safety of all employees. Submits accurate written reports of all accidents to HR and the Safety Committee within 24 hours of the incident; includes possible corrective action to avoid similar accidents in the future.
- Maintain work schedules and coordinate employee vacations. Provide accurate employee and attendance payroll records. Must be trained to effectively operate the E-time management software. Maintain tool inventory to assure employees have the necessary equipment to fulfil daily assignments.
- Full authority to manage employee benefit time.
- Full authority to purchase the necessary tools for subordinates to fulfil daily work assignments.
- Full authority to manage and delegate all duties associated with production.
- Full authority to shut down production for quality, raw material, or other issues.
- Full authority to manage all employee development and training schedules.
- Recommend cost savings and other process improvements which require capital expenditures.
- Recommend salary increases for employees.
- Recommend job termination.
- Initiates, and is a key contributor in the development of process improvements.
- Utilizes lean concepts (Kaizen, Six Sigma) to facilitate structured problem solving teams, and resolve problems within a 30 day time period.
- Routinely takes part on innovation cross-functional teams (products, process).
- Noise; hearing protection required in designated areas.
- Safety Glasses are required in designated areas; mixing of raw materials; concentrated flavors.
- Gloves are required in designated area; mixing of raw materials; sanitation.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in business management or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of manufacturing supervisor experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP’s HACCP, and OSHA regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills for coaching, developing, and performance reviews of employees; including disciplinary actions. Leads by example, including demonstration of all job functions, with consistent enforcement of all company policies.
- Good communication skills. Including oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts and the willingness to support and implement improvement efforts.
- Basic understanding of production equipment and processes, with technical ability for troubleshooting and maintaining equipment.
- Must communicate effectively with internal customers (supply chain, marketing, and technology, finance) to provide insight on production capabilities, opportunities, and potential bottlenecks within our processes.
- Must communicate effectively with the Quality department to insure finished product is of high quality and quality defects levels are minimized.
- Must communicate effectively with the production scheduling coordinator (equipment issues, raw material shortages) to insure production downtime is minimized.
- Must communicate effectively with outside labor sourcing firm to insure adequate staffing levels and overall labor needs are met.
- Must communicate effectively at daily Whiteboard and shift update meetings; providing information and insight on production related issues.
- Cost sheet analysis (raw materials, labor, and overhead). Understanding how to analyze daily production cost sheets, and identify root cause.
- Equipment downtime. Prioritizing equipment maintenance due to unavailability of maintenance personnel, or a high volume of maintenance calls in a short period of time.
- Employee shortages through the contract employee service. Must maneuver personnel to prevent interruption of production.
- Adjustments to the production schedule based on unforeseen raw material shortages. Must determine the time at which a raw material may be depleted, and when to change the production schedule accordingly.
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is an EOE, M/F/D/V and AAP Employee