Reporting to the Plant Manager, and must be available to work night shift, the Plant Supervisor assists the Plant Manager to plan, direct, and coordinate the Plant operations to effectively and profitably produce superior quality products and ensure on-time delivery. The Plant Supervisor provides leadership to improve safety, housekeeping, product quality, process efficiency, labor deployment, and equipment utilization. The Plant Supervisor will directly supervise 8-16 production and plant employees.
- Ten plus years of manufacturing experience, including at least five years in leadership roles within a chemical plant environment; experience in silicone manufacturing preferred.
- Experience and training in:
- Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Creating and implementing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Time management.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available to work night shift.
- Plan, assign, and direct work of employees.
- Ensure safety standards and objectives are met to prevent work related injuries or illnesses.
- Ensure housekeeping standards and objectives are met.
- Ensure quality standards and objectives are being met for all products produced by the Plant.
- Provide safety, housekeeping, quality, and manufacturing leadership in the Plant.
- Ensure the Plant maintains environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Ensure maximum utilization of Plant assets including preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Evaluate and report on employee performance.
- Interview, hire, and train employees as needed.
- Assist Plant Management in creating, implementing, and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Any other duties required of the position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- speak, listen, and hear
- use hands and arms to reach, touch, handle, grasp, feel, and/or operate objects and instruments
- stand, sit, walk, climb stairs and/or ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to hot, wet, and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and forklifts