| ||Hi, |
Job Opening for our direct Client.
Kindly confirm your interest by sending your updated resume with hourly rate expectations & a convenient time to discuss.
Title:- Production Supervisor I
Location:- Minneapolis, MN, 55420
Duration:- 12 Months Contract
- Supervises and coordinates daily operation of Distribution Center.
- Responsibility for achieving maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner, and developing/implementing continual improvement projects.
- Actively participates in all areas of employment: performance evaluations, team member relations and development while promoting total employee involvement.
- Ensures a safe work place is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance.
- Completes accident reports and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identifies accidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
- Supervises the activities of Distribution Center team members to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost and time. Evaluates the performance of associates and completes necessary reports.
- Reviews daily and weekly shipping schedules and production capabilities to assure all deadlines are met.
- Checks running orders/query dispatch lists to determine schedule priorities. Coordinates and expedites hot parts and assigns rework.
- Recommends training/development needs; develops and documents standard work.
- Coaches to develop team members to follow standard work, problem solve, strive for continuous improvement, and drive overall employee engagement.
- Conducts meetings to maintain employee / employer relations, encourage employee engagement, and promote improved communication.
- Develops and implements continual process improvement projects.
- Inspects and monitors Distribution Center quality and equipment.
- Ensures quality procedures/practices are applied to the process, tooling, and equipment to achieve expected quality improvements.
- Supervises the utilization of materials to assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain smooth production flow; identifies wasteful practices and methods; reports any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager, Production; and, reports suggestions recommended by team members for procedure change, etc.
- Promotes and supports the company's efforts in team member engagement concepts through the development and or implementation of various programs.
- Promotes commitment to quality and teamwork through attitude, behavior, communication, and development/implementation of programs and activities.
- Communicates/updates management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree with 3+ years of warehouse or equivalent experience
- Oracle and/or Dematic software experience preferred.
- Experience with Lean principles and techniques preferred.
- Union labor relations experience preferred.
- Work requires periodic stooping/bending and frequent walking/standing throughout day.
- Requires occasional lifting of objects less than 25 pounds as well as occasional lifting of objects 25 to 50 pounds.
- Work involves activities that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, machines, welders or vehicles.
- Requires use of protective clothing.