Work Location: Mosinee, WI
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Number of Openings: 1
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional opportunity.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
The successful candidate will provide guidance and direction to Production team members in regards to all areas related to Operations and Safety by accepting responsibility for assigned area; providing leadership; solving problems analytically; anticipating problems and successfully avoid problems; planning ahead to avoid surprises; setting a good example; making fact based decisions; communicating effectively with all levels of the organization; and has high personal and professional integrity.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Monitor quality. Ensure company and customer quality standards are met.
- Monitor production efficiencies tied to production schedule.
- Maintain safe working environment by providing team member safety training, safety inspections, accident investigations, and improvement of potentially hazardous areas.
- Implement continuous production flow and continuous productivity improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with product and manufacturing engineering and provides feedback and improvement suggestions regarding product design, print changes, etc.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and shop team members to develop, implement, improve, and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Issue purchase requisitions for supplies needed in area.
- Administer direct supervisory responsibilities for personnel, including training, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations, work schedules, and disciplinary actions.
- Assist in the selection and hiring process of all hourly personnel for assigned product lines and/or department.
- Educate team members on accepted safety updates, procedures, operational changes, and reinforce safety policies. Perform all operations according to prescribed safety principles.
- Identify, research, and implement labor reducing and cost reducing procedures.
- Work as a liaison between the production floor and Supply Chain, Engineering, Accounting and Human Resource departments.
- Train, coach, develop, and motivate team members to perform at higher level.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology or business or equivalent experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Three to five years of experience in a manufacturing operation utilizing fabrication, machining and/or welding processes. Previous supervisory or lead person experience.
- Above average communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to multi-task, set schedules and maintain accountability in fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements.
- Strong leadership, tied to coaching and employee development.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer skills.
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount offers products under the brand names of OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, Pentruder, and Merit. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. It is the policy of Blount International to provide equal employment to all qualified persons without discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under law.
During the application process we will not ask for or collect any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission. This notice should not be construed as an offer of employment or creating any terms of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Merchandise Discounts
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance