Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment (NYSE: ASGN) to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Production Supervisor for a client in Nashua, NH.
The details for the role are below. If interested in discussing further please send along an updated resume in MS Word format to Alexa Whalen at email@example.com
Position: Production Supervisor
Location: Nashua, NH.
Duration: 6+ months (contract to hire)
Production Supervisor Job Description
Summary: Responsible for overseeing and organizing the staff, equipment, and processes on a production floor. They will be primarily concerned with keeping a production line operational and maintaining the ongoing production of the end product.
- Management of production team including hiring, appraising, training as needed, and disciplining when necessary
- Assigns production tasks to team members
- Collects data and compiles reports about production
- Ensures all documentation necessary for regulatory compliance is completed accurately
- Troubleshoots issues with product, production processes, equipment or machinery
- Conducts reviews of the production processes to try to identify areas for improvement
- Ensures production processes are being carried out in line with company requirements
- Ensures production team has access to all relevant raw materials and equipment
- Ensures adequate inventory level of as needed materials such as adhesive
- Work with validation or quality to ensure production team and equipment are fully compliant and up-to-date with training
- Creates and maintains work instructions for production personnel
- Manages employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards
- High school diploma; or equivalent combination of education and experience 5 years of related manufacturing experience Minimum 3 years of supervisor experience
- Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Well versed in all FDA, ISO, and OSHA compliance issues
- Thorough knowledge of Manufacturing Operations related to the appropriate department
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills; fluency in English, with the ability to clearly provide work direction, communicate with support staff and present recommendations and ideas and to build consensus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Bachelors Degree
- Medical device manufacturing experience
- Familiarity with ERP software
- Micro assembly experience
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of quality management systems and corrective action programs.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178