Supervises the activities of hourly colleagues to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction. Serves as a role model, leader, trainer and mentor to immediate staff members.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
- Responsible for performance feedback and leadership of all direct reports including mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective action when situations dictate.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
- Provide direction and leadership to shift colleagues consistent with plant business plan goals.
- Responsible for production department safety, quality, production, and delivery objectives in his/her area of responsibility.
- Responsible for providing productivity reports, scrap reports, downtime reports and other reporting as determined by the Operations Manager or Superintendent.
- Leads the overall coordination and communication of the area he/she supervises.
- Responsible for ensuring accountability and discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining maximum levels of production utilization and efficiency.
- Oversee line activities with trade support and the work team.
- Drive shift manning levels and utilization to assure compliance and improvement to the budget.
- Provide leadership and promote positive moral and ensure a total team concept.
- Provide the proactive leadership necessary to achieve and maintain a continuous improvement mind set for the team.
- Coordinate and assess required training and team building by empowering colleagues.
- Complete individual work team performance reviews for probationary colleagues.
- Track, monitor and implement improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals.
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and quality registrations (ex. TS 16949/ISO14001, Q1).
- Help coordinate/facilitate formal lean manufacturing activities.
- Participate in formal team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reporting).
- Assist in the coordination of new colleague orientation.
- Provide colleagues with the necessary training to be successful in their roles.
- Review the daily production logs from each line for accuracy.
- Input individual colleague hours into the Kronos system.
- Champion regular communication meetings with the trade support.
- Maintain the communication scoreboards for each line on a daily basis.
- Communicate key information to the organization through the daily "shift to shift" plant communication method.
- Prepare all accident reports to include identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Assure all direct reports are aware of their Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) responsibilities and hold all direct reports accountable.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of personal protection equipment (PPE) by the work team.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing all daily work activities.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high level of housekeeping in the work area.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to Operations Manager or Superintendent. Interfaces on a frequent basis with the Quality, Maintenance, Tool & Die, Materials, Human Resources and Engineering Departments. Also interfaces on an as needed basis with the Information Technologies and Accounting Departments.
- Provides direct leadership and supervises hourly production colleagues.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Associates Degree in Applied Science in Manufacturing, Engineering or Industrial Technology preferred.
- Two to five years as a manufacturing supervisor preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, stamping, and/or assembly processes as required for the position.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach the team effective problem solving methods.
- Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a training facilitator preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong knowledge of TS 16949 and ISO 14001 regulations.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
To all recruitment agencies:Tower International does not accept agency resumes without approval from the Talent Team. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Tower employees or any other company location.Tower International is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.