Welcome to Riviana Foods Inc. While you may not know us by our company name, you grew up loving our brands many of which have been your favorite's for over 100 years.
We are America's leading rice company and the nation's second largest provider of pasta products. Our portfolio includes over 20 trusted brands with more than 500 products widely distributed in many countries around the world.
We are America’s largest processor, marketer and distributor of branded and private label rice products. We are also the second largest producer and marketer of pasta products in the nation.
Riviana brands are well known for their quality and excellence and the company is committed to providing the most wholesome products on the market today, to leading both the rice and pasta industries in innovation, and to providing high-quality products you can be proud to serve your family.
Our global reach is an important factor in Riviana's success. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ebro Foods, S.A., the world leader of the rice sector, we take a world view of the rice and pasta business and draw upon the global resources of our parent company.
For a detailed look at our rice and pasta portfolio, click on this link - https://www.riviana.com/en-us/content/29880/OurBrands.aspx
The Processing Supervisor is accountable for planning and scheduling activities for labor, supplies, production and equipment to meet required key performance indicators (KPIs) and to achieve safety, quality, value and cost for assigned shift. The Process Supervisors' is primarily focused on the daily operation of the department to assure that it operates in the most efficient manner with the highest standards of safety, sanitation and quality and is responsible for leading hourly personnel working in one or more departments.
Principle Responsibilities - 4 Key Areas
Process: Coordinates resources, oversees and monitors execution of work area objectives
- Daily assignment and movement of personnel on production lines to effectively use and/or remove labor as production requirements dictate. Maintain effective communication with Scheduling Supervisor, Packaging Manager, Maintenance Supervisor and hourly production employees.
- Troubleshoots process equipment with team; identifies and addresses issues.
- Coordinate packaging supply requirements for assigned lines with Warehouse.
- Ensures compliance with all internal and external procedures and regulations.
- Executes capital and facility improvements.
People: Educates and trains employees in safety, quality, value and cost principles and application
- Plans and schedules employees to meet performance requirements; communicates daily with Scheduling Supervisor concerning status of assigned packaging lines and upcoming requirements.
- Identifies and implements role focused training, employee development, and performance management; participates in coordinating and directing standard operating line adjustments and troubleshooting with line operators (i.e. code dates, glue adjustments, rail adjustments, limited changeovers, etc.).
- Identifies and addresses employment and HR issues; maintains a sound working relationship with the bargaining unit.
Financial: Coordinates resources, controls resource costs in line with operating budget
- Assign daily proper cost center placement of labor in time and attendance system.
- Provides input to operating budget.
- Operates and adheres to budget standards regarding staffing, overtime costs and materials usage.
- Tracks assigned area actuals to budget; explains variances to plan.
- Recommends corrective actions where needed.
Strategic: Identifies and recommends continuous improvement actions and opportunities
- Monitors work results against department goals.
- Analyzes processes, equipment and performance trends across shifts.
- Determines actions required to make improvements; ensures implementation.
Key Attributes for Success
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to give direction and provide leadership to team.
- Perform math calculations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and understand ratios, timing and speed relationships of equipment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to climb and work at heights in excess of 100 feet.
- Strength and ability to lift and handle objects weighing 50 lbs.
- Ability to work from various positions such as stooping, sitting, bending, etc.
- Eyesight corrected or natural must be sufficient to work safely in daylight or dimly lit conditions and read blueprints or other documents.
- Hearing corrected or natural must be sufficient to work safely.
- Must be able to speak loudly and clearly enough to be heard over normal plant background noise.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Perform effective problem solving and team building.
- Read, write and comprehend written and spoken English.
- Effectively prepare and interpret written communications and reports.
- Meet requirements for Green Belt certification.
- Knowledge and use of all company software applications and automated systems.
- Care and use of required onsite facility personal protection equipment.
- Able to respond to emergency call-outs.
Work Variables - Must
- Work scheduled shifts, which may be 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Respond to emergency callouts.
- Work unscheduled shifts and weekends with minimum notice to cover for absent personnel and accommodate fluctuating manufacturing requirements.
- High exposure to noise and seasonal, moderate exposure to heat/cold.
- Technical skills to perform in area of specialty.
- Understands and able to perform and troubleshot all activity and equipment under supervision.
- Understands Lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Understands business of the company.
- High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience is required, ideally in a manufacturing facility. This experience should encompass working under OSHA parameters, high quality orientation and a strong working relationship with all levesl of the organization to foster a highly engaged workforce.