Position Title: Production Supervisor 1
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Responsible For (Staff): Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directs and coordinates activities of operations personnel by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
* Assure a safe working environment for employees and secure necessary training to meet needs and regulations.
* Assure compliance of plant operations with company policy, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA, FDA and employment law.
* Communicate operational challenge and your course corrections with regard to Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, or Personnel to Shift Managers daily. Facilitate the line/shift handoff prior to departure every day.
* Organize and work with various departments such as Warehouse, Maintenance, Engineering, Validations, and QC to affect operational efficiency and economy.
* Understand operating challenges and utilize problem solving tools to drive continuous improvement opportunities,
* Proactively manage staffing levels to include periods of vacations and holidays to meet required service levels.
* Ensure appropriate cross training to staff production lines through various staffing and manufacturing challenges.
* Make ongoing decisions and take the necessary corrective actions that affect overall production plans to include:
* Determines if a line is fit to keep running or to hand over to technical resources
* Review quality issues and perform defect investigation
* Assess any potential safety issues
* Process related training
* Times of escalation and to who
* Line Clearance performance
* Batch Record accuracy
* Labor Utilization
* Performance associate evaluations on a regular basis, providing feedback and development as needed.
* Own and actively drive visual control boards and line communications.
* Analyze performance of equipment, personnel and shift for improvement opportunities, develop plans and execute projects to improve the process.
* Performance manages time and attendance daily to include approval of payroll.
* This position may require overtime and/or weekend work.
* Knowledge of and adherence to all PCI, cGMP, and GCP policies, procedures, rules.
* Attendance to work is an essential function of this position
* Performs other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
* Stationary Position: Under a 1/4 of the day.
* Move, Traverse: 3/4 of the day and up.
* Operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, or place: Up to 1/4 of the day.
* Install, place, adjust, apply, measure, use, or signal: None.
* Ascend/Descend or Work Atop: None.
* Position self (to) or Move (about or to): None.
* Communicate or exchange information: 3/4 of the day and up.
* Detect, distinguish, or determine: 3/4 of the day and up.
On an average day, the individual can expect to move and/or transport up to 25 pounds less than 1/4 of the day.
* Associate's Degree in a related field and/or 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
* Basic Mathematical Skills
* Intermediate Computer Skills: Ability to perform more complex computer tasks and has knowledge of various computer programs.
* Full Professional Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write fluently and accurately on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
* High Reasoning: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where there is only limited standardization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions that may be provided in various forms.
* History of successful supervisory responsibilities.
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
* Ability to effectively present information to various people as the job requires.
* Ability to set and achieve challenging goals.
* Bachelor's Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled