The Production Supervisor assists the Plant Manager or CI Retail Manager to lead critical process and systems for the operation of a stand-alone grain or crop inputs facility, or combined grain and crop inputs facilities by ensuring and building a world class culture around Operational Excellence in the core impact areas, including Risk Management, Operational Effectiveness, Capital Effectiveness, Reliability Excellence and Talent Management. The incumbent manages the customer service and physical operations of the location on a daily basis to ensure that Cargill standards, productivity metrics, and customer needs are met. The Production Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the Operations staff at their location.
40% - Plant Operation and Risk Management
• Supervise, lead and engage production team on a daily basis.
• Plan and implement our Operational Excellence processes with the Operational staff to create a safe environment and effective use of the asset to achieve production goals.
• Conduct regular plant inspections and assist in a variety of location specific audits.
• Hold monthly safety meetings with staff to review procedures and safety awareness issues to ensure the Plant and yard are clean and safe for customers and employees.
20% - Operational Effectiveness
• Lead and perform physical operational duties, which may include crop inputs and/or grain related tasks.
• Meet all truck and/or rail loading requirements to ensure that customers receive the products and services they require in an efficient and timely manner.
• Assist Plant Manager in managing the location Crop Inputs and Grain inventory to minimize losses.
• Communicate and coordinate with the staff and central logistics to ensure efficient meshing of buying and shipping programs, and effective storage space management
20%- Talent Management
• Ensure optimum performance of staff through coaching, development, and training.
• Assist with planning and scheduling of the operations staff to ensure staffing levels are appropriate to meet plant and customer needs, along with proper training and direction of seasonal staff.
20%- Capital Effectiveness and Reliability Excellence
• Organize and plan the facility reliability and maintenance activities within operating budget and assist the Plant Manager with preparing capital budgets.
• Supervise onsite contractors that perform work at the location to meet safety and quality guidelines.
• Ensure operations staff are trained to operate plant equipment efficiently and effectively.
• Four-year post-secondary education, or an adequately equivalent experience.
• Computes skills (Microsoft Office)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as necessary.
• Ability to effectively lead a team of diverse employees with demonstrated leadership.
• Proven problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Operations standards and regulations.
• Ability to facilitate training.
• Ability to work effectively within a team.
• Professional education or training.
• Knowledge of inventory control, quality management, operating efficiency and budget management.
• Specialized knowledge of grain and crop input products and grain handling.
• Ability to manage Capital Projects.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Previous experience leading or managing people.
• Continuous Improvement experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.