Responsible for supervising employees and activities required for the safe and efficient production of a wide range of products in compliance with company, customer and government requirements.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, goals, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Plan the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets as agreed with Production Management
- Document daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness and work with staff from both Operations and Maintenance to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, request, and ensure equipment maintenance and repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Ensure focused improvement tools are effectively utilized in all problem solving situations to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year college degree in business management, production operations management, agricultural science, food science or equivalent communication and analytical ability acquired through work experience.
- At least two years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety, quality and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time using effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of frequently changing circumstances.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications; specifically using Word to create and modify documents, Excel to record data and calculate results, and Outlook to communicate internally and externally.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.