Title : Production Support Consultant
Location : Overland Park KS
Duration: Long Term
Client provisioning production support team is seeking a strong, well-rounded IT candidate to fill a production operations role for Client over-the-air device management applications. These mission critical applications are responsible for provisioning downstream network elements and programming the devices/SIM cards with voice, data and all the latest services. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build a strong understanding of applications and be able to support each subject matter expert level
- Perform root cause, trending, analytics via SQL, application logs, etc.
- Monitor application health and resolve multiple complex and critical issues quickly
- Lead complex initiatives/troubleshooting across multiple IT, Network, Product and vendor teams to completion. Effectively assign & track action items with target dates.
- Develop/modify scripts for automation, workarounds, data management, reporting, etc.
- Produce ad-hoc and recurring reports across multiple applications
- Vendor management for multiple applications
- Partner with handset organization to plan, setup, test and launch new handsets/devices and device capabilities
- Proactively suggest ways of improving system stability, availability, capacity, performance and reliability
- Provide out of box thinking and willingness to challenge established processes and procedures
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership of assignment and see all work through to completion
- Member of on-call support rotation for after hour issues & high visibility activities
Technical Skill Set:
- Four years’ experience with Oracle SQL Experience. -Strong knowledge of relational database design and support, including the support of applications that have millions of records.
- Four years’ experience with UNIX/Linux skill sets. –Strong experience with command line, networking and writing/editing scripts.
- Two years of Web Server Experience (Apache, Tomcat, etc.).
- Three years’ experience with Application Server Troubleshooting and Administration Experience (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, Glassfish, etc.).
- Two years’ experience supporting an API based real-time interface environment.
- One year experience reporting on large data sets.
Computer Support Specialist