You will lead a team of full-stack support technical staff covering a wide range technologies. The objectives are to lower application maintenance costs and provide stability, increase operational readiness for applications ahead of initial deployment, and provide consistent process of support across product lines for our business partners.
- Develop and build out a support team of full-stack support staff to run your daily operations. This includes the hiring, development, and retention of support staff and enhance their technical, communication, and business skills to deliver quality service to partners and customers.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage activities related to production support of all frameworks and applications that are within his/her area of responsibility.
- Manage all aspects of application support within scope including trouble shooting, problem solving, data fixes, end user support, upgrades, integration maintenance, database maintenance, auditing systems, and metrics. Note this include not only the "monitoring" of distributed components, but the defect fixes required to remediate issues (e.g. code development).
- Lead production support "shift left" activities where possible to save time and reduce response time for customers. Utilize automation where possible, leverage education, and evangelize with business partners to lessen the support load.
- Work closely with delivery team peers to ensure you obtain thorough operational readiness of newly developed applications, and that break-fix solutions are established for timely remediation of production issues
- Analyze and assess problem situations as they arise in order to plan, design, and implement suitable solutions. Must be able to motivate their team all the while maintaining customer focus, and find the right balance between the two when tackling various projects.
- Discovering and seizing opportunities for performance improvement in operational systems through automation, optimization of existing code, or suggested improvements to the delivery teams. This is a key tenant of our production support scope.
- Cultivate working relationship with IT and business partners in order to understand system requirements and identify opportunities for stable and supportable systems.
- Provide leadership, career development, and mentoring for your team
- Establish and communicate common goals and direction for team.
- Delegate and prioritize work to ensure effective execution of team deliverables.
- Above all else - great attitude, passionate, collaborative, great communicator (spoken & written)
- 7+ years of full stack development and support
- 2+ years of experience managing IT virtual or remote teams with direct technical reports (managing staff, building teams)
- BS in CS/IS/MIS or related technical field or proven equivalent experience
- Experience in Splunk monitoring, DynaTrace monitoring
- Experience in AWS native services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift.
- Experience in AWS API Gateway, Cognito
- Experience with NoSQL Database such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- Experience with RDBMS Database such as TeraData preferred
- Experience with OpenShift containers
- Experience with Message Queue systems like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Deep understanding of all things "database" - schema design, optimization, scalability, etc.
- Experience with Unix-like operating system environment (proficient)
- Software version control (e.g. git working knowledge or greater)
- Strong knowledge on DevOps mechanism for on-premise or any other cloud services
- Experience with visibility into operational metrics (and how to create them) for distributed systems including cloud technologies, data streaming, queuing systems, and different data repositories
- Experience with real-world large-scale distributed data streaming challenges including capture and correlation of log events, playback of failed events, bleeding systems off and on, and understanding operational health measures
- Strong analytical background, comfortable in ambiguous situations
Process-oriented mindset and ability to change/adapt quickly. Not afraid of change
- Creative problem solving - following an issue through to its logical conclusion and escalating where necessary
- Thorough understanding Agile development practices, and various SDLC styles
- Relationship management in order to build strong customer partnerships and continually improve service delivery results
- Great people skills, matrix collaboration, independent thinker, problem solver, impact estimation
- Healthcare Insurance industry knowledge preferred
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.