Responsible for all mixing, forming and packaging activities as required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on the appropriate/scheduled shifts and lines.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Coordinate assigned team of employees
* Process a solid working knowledge of SQF and GMP policies and procedures, SAP processes, OSHA/MiOSHA regulations, HFS HPS/LEAN tools and Microsoft Office.
* Coordinate the conversion of raw materials to finished products with minimum waste and labor cost.
* Maintain formula process consistency.
* Monitor proper inventory rotation of raw materials and packaging.
* Responsible for maintaining a 5S environment.
* Implements established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
* Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
* Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
* Attend meetings; make presentations, etc. as needed.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) at all times.
* Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law.
* Comply with all Company rules, regulations and policies.
* Follow LOTO and safety rules for the factory
* Actively participates in HPS and updates KPIs in the work area.
* Participates drumbeat, and DOR meetings.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
* Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions and problems
* Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week
* Work in a fast paced environment in close proximity to others
* Distinguish colors
* Add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
* Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
* Work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary
* High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
* 3-5 years machine operating experience in manufacturing environment; experience in the food industry a plus
* Basic math and reading skills required
* Basic PC skills required
* Basic mechanical and problem solving skills required
* Ability to measure and read scales and thermometers; understands units of measurement
* Ability to work safely on any shift (8-12 hours/day), weekends and overtime
* Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled