IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
Job Description: The Production Maintenance Technician will perform service, corrective maintenance, and routine preventive maintenance on a variety of electro-mechanical card and mail processing equipment. Train with maintenance engineer and technical team to learn the correct process in which to service machines and support production needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver high quality preventative and emergency maintenance services on various types of equipment.
- Diagnose and understand equipment problems
- Assist operators / team leads in the repair/rebuild of mechanical modules and assemblies.
- Assist technicians in the corrective maintenance and repair of the machinery.
- Adhere to the procedures outlines in the Technical Support Procedures.
- Communicate pertinent information to the Mfg. engineers, Technicians, and Production Staff.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy with the ability to test, diagnose and resolve issues
- Be consistently reliable and timely in all aspects of the position, and display a positive attitude.
- Develop competency in required applications to confidently use diverse software and systems required by the operation
- Improve production equipment leading to reduce unscheduled breakdowns, and develop strategies to improve overall equipment reliability and safety of plant production equipment
- Assist with strategies for the installation and ongoing support of equipment
- Working knowledge in software based controls for production equipment
- Strong documentation and verbal skills for documenting repair process and communication with other departments and management.
- Knowledge of various card processing and mail processing equipment.
- Follow and comply with all OSHA and company safety procedures
- Adhere to the IDEMIA Quality Policy
- Schedule must be flexible during peak workload period
- Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to take direction well and follow training plans
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team.
- Proficient with PC’s, current operating systems and relevant software applications
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Travel may be required at times.
- Committed to continuously improve by sharing ideas, problem resolution successes, and suggestions on process improvement
- Ensure a safe environment is present during equipment repair/maintenance
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs
- Overtime is required as needed
- Associate's degree or equivalent, preferably with a major in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship is not allowed)
IDEMIA’s commitments to the US Government under a National Security Agreement (the “Letter of Assurance”) impose the following citizenship restriction for this position: US citizenship only with no dual citizenship permitted for Secure Credentialing Programs and DMV Programs. Therefore, you must provide proof of sole US citizenship for eligibility for this position.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.