Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Production Technician is responsible for the operation and assigned maintenance of production equipment and making necessary adjustments or minor mechanical repairs to the machines and auxiliary equipment in a safe and efficient manner. The Technician is responsible for performing and documenting required quality checks and visual inspections.
- Performs product-handling duties, which includes transferring finished product to Warehouse locations, scrap grinding, and material loading.
- Performs all required quality checks and assures all production conforms to specification.
- Performs all process inspections including heat control readings, cooling water temperatures and air pressure checks.
- Performs preventative maintenance on machines and auxiliary equipment as assigned.
- Operates and monitors assigned machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Maintains various daily production reports in SAP as required.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Technically orientated and knowledgeable in manufacturing systems.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in computer programs.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Four year degree in relevant major, such as Engineering, Plastics, or Packaging, and/or 2+ years of relevant manufacturing experience
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to push or pull bins and carts, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Pet Insurance.
- Referral bonus program.