Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls has an opening at the Roberta, GA plant for full time Production Technician. The Roberta Plant is looking for top-caliber, technically capable Production Technicians who are action oriented, can make decisions quickly and possess excellent trouble shooting skills.
Olin offers a competitive benefits package, collaborative team culture and a starting pay of $22.00 per hour.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Job Purpose: Perform work in a team environment in a complex/heavily regulated chemical production plant following operating disciplines, procedures and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation of assigned duties in assigned plant area.
Essential Functions/Basic Duties:
- Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems as well as assist in the start-up, training, and troubleshooting of related equipment and chemical processes.
- Perform tasks assigned to operations such as field checks, equipment preparation, permitting, testing, commissioning, process sample management and analysis, cell component assembly/replacement, cleaning/assembly of chlorine cells, operating solvent wash stations, weld repair, cell gasketing, painting, quality inspections, inventory, and the loading/unloading product to and from rail cars, totes, tank trucks and other modes of transportation.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance as well as perform minor maintenance activities as assigned.
- Use various controls systems to monitor, control and adjust equipment operations for tanks, boilers, air systems, water wells, condensers, reactors, pumps, coolers and compressors within established standards. May replace and leak test tank car service equipment such as valves and monitor tank levels and flow rates.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve technical issues within assigned area of the plant.
- Complete thorough inspections to ensure regulatory compliance. This includes but is not limited to safety, DOT and quality inspections.
- Constantly monitor field operating parameters to ensure quality requirements and perform all duties aligned with Olin’s quality policy and per the ISO9001/RC14001 standards and procedures.
- Cooperate with maintenance and development projects to attain maximum efficiency in operations and minimize outages of equipment.
- Perform all duties with a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship including reporting of near misses and incidents, assisting with root cause incident investigations, and performing Immediate Response activities.
- Provide support for shutdowns, general housekeeping and any other assigned tasks.
- Consequences of errors: Operators work with hazardous chemicals and complex equipment. Errors in work could be lethal to self or others. Lack of judgment could result in non-compliance with governmental regulations.
- Cell Room/Valve Operators (any site): Due to hazardous conditions this job may be considered unsafe for certain health conditions. Must be able to work in strong electromagnetic field.
Essential Job Requirements:
HS Diploma/GED required
Associates Degree* in Process Technology, Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation, Electrical or Computer Technology, strongly preferred
Minimum of 3 years of full time work experience or 3 years full time military experience required (36 months of full time work or military experience at time of application required)
Chemical plant, oil and gas, logistics and/or manufacturing experience, strongly preferred
Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills, math and problem solving skills, mechanical, numerical and verbal aptitude
- Ability to be a part of a rescue team and respond to Hazwoper/emergency response teams.
Ability to work rotating shifts, overtime, holidays and weekends as required
Must have the ability to understand, analyze and resolve technical problems
Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Must have ability to ensure a safe work environment by working safely, and complying with all environmental, health and safety standards
Physical Demands/Driving/Work Conditions:
Ability to pass a functional physical testing and be able to use standard safety equipment and wear all required personal protective equipment (in extreme hot/cold environments)
Ability to pass physical, drug screen and background check if offer is received and accepted
Ability to work in confined, tight or closed-in spaces
Must have the physical ability to lift hoses, to climb ladders or stairs through multiple levels, to work at heights, bolt flanges, operate valves and similar equipment as part of normal job
Ability to lift up to 50lbs
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.