Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology—helping them maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use. With its vast global infrastructure and focus on cloud, mobility, supply chain and technology solutions, Ingram Micro enables business partners to operate more efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. No other company delivers as broad and deep a spectrum of technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
We're seeking a motivated and talented Compliance professional that is passionate about offering excellence to customers both domestically and internationally. We are looking for ambitious and driven talent, eager to be in an environment that will offer continual learning opportunities, process improvement focus and measured performance management.
Position Summary: Product Classification, HTS, ECCN, Encryption level for product, configured hardware, software and technology for Ingram locations globally.
Responsible to assist with developing, refining and implementing best practice processes and work instructions around product classification , licensing, record keeping and auditing/report to ensure the implementation and effectiveness of internal controls to meet the current and changing U.S. export control laws and regulations. Review and release transactions on hold throughout the day. Determine HTS and ECCN for a wide range of products across multiple industries. Identify, prepare and apply for export licenses and CCATS. Create, maintain, train and audit compliance procedures especially when there are regulatory changes. Act as subject matter expert for the company and answer questions and resolve issues. Continually question processes and metrics.
Major Responsibility: Product Classification, HTS, ECCN, Encryption level for product, configured hardware, software and technology for Ingram locations globally.
Determine classifications by reviewing product technical specifications, literature and CCATS obtained online or provided by the supplier. Utilize the Tariff Schedule, the Commerce Control List, CROSS rulings and vendor supplied classification information, to research and determine classification and encryption level. Applies consistent methodology when assigning a Harmonized Tariff Schedule number across similar product and product families. Update and maintain item master in various ERP systems. For configured items, review the Bill of Material, identifying the ECCN for each component to determine the final ECCN and encryption level for the item. Request the vendor's Encryption Registration Number (ERN) and CCATS when necessary.
- Ordering Hold Review and Release in various ERP systems
- Support and Provide guidance to IM Associates (legal, logistics, business development, sales, global etc. )
- Review and evaluate Ingram's compliance programs, system controls and global initiatives
*This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties. Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Education & Development:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience or coursework/training in export administration.
- 4 years of functional experience including at least 2 years of position specific experience
- 3-5 years in an ITC organization.
- Strong knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, OFAC Sanction Regulations and controls
- Strong ECCN and HTS classification skills including experience with encryption technology
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite,
- Strong Knowledge of GTS or other trade automation systems.
- Must have a business-oriented, pragmatic approach to challenges that arise in a fast-paced environment.
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements
- Ability to develop and implement Macros and run reports in Magellan preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.