When someone needs coverage for the unique, the unusual, or the unconventional, they come to Burns & Wilcox. Burns & Wilcox offers unparalleled resources and exposure for those looking to grow their career in the specialty insurance industry. Interested? Join our team!
- Develop and execute marketing plan to drive new and renewal business, including in-person visits, telemarketing and distribution of marketing materials for insurance company partners
- Evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing
- Develop and submit underwriting referrals, where required, to company brokerage facilities and Burns & Wilcox management
- Monitor key metrics, such as, new business hit ratio, renewal retention ratio, premium growth, and loss ratio, formulating corrective action where necessary
- Mentor and train Assistant Underwriters as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of multi-line underwriting experience, excess & surplus experience preferred
- Strong sales and marketing skills a must, business acumen, interest in continued education and professional development
- Insurance license, CPCU, CIC or comparable designations preferred
- Competitive base compensation & highly lucrative sales incentive bonus plan
- Health benefits & 401K with employer match
- Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
- Many opportunities for career advancement
About Our Company
Burns & Wilcox is the nation’s largest independent wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. In 1969, the late Herbert W. Kaufman recognized an opportunity to fill a void in the industry by establishing Burns & Wilcox as a wholesale brokerage and underwriting organization that would provide brokers and agents with unique access to a variety of insurance markets and help place their specialty risks. Today under the leadership of Mr. Kaufman’s son, Alan Jay Kaufman, that entrepreneurial spirit is thriving as Burns & Wilcox offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance agents of all sizes, from the large alphabet houses to the more than 30,000 brokers and agent partners worldwide.