The Product Manager will define product vision, roadmap, and define quarterly objectives and key results in partnership with the product team, their product leaders and key business stakeholders. The Product Manager is responsible for product prioritization, sprint/backlog management, and must understand and utilize key customer and business metrics to inform their priorities. The Product Manager is also responsible for ensuring there are continuous feedback loops with their users (customers/vendors) and supporting discovery practices that effectively inform their priorities and how they advance against the product team vision. This role works with business teams, engineering teams, user experience teams, and numerous additional stakeholders throughout the organization.
This role will have a demonstrated history of delivering solutions that meet the needs of the user and deliver business value, accomplishing this both through their work and by leading and inspiring teams. S/he also will be accountable for driving modern development practices while enabling human-centered design to deliver the roadmap and iteratively launch solutions over multiple flight paths that align to our advertising technology and monetization strategy.
Position Summary/Job Description:
• Set the strategic vision for their product team(s) driving high-quality customer experiences and exploring what is possible with evolving products and tools
• Effectively demonstrate the ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirement
• Manage the creation and maintenance of user stories and acceptance criteria for new features and enhancements leveraging multiple workstreams
• Partner with Technology Architecture to develop and guide solutions needed to realize these opportunities in the short term and to build / configure to scale
• Define the solutions and structures needed to realize these opportunities and coordinate holistic cross-functional roadmaps to ensure successful execution
• Improve value creation by defining and aligning on KPIs to measure success
• Lead outcome-based, user-centered product management across multiple matrixed individuals and teams, often requiring influence without direct reporting authority
• Contribute to the evaluation of value, feasibility, and business viability risks prior to making investments in new technologies
• Understand potential prioritization or trade-off decisions and make decisions to best enable necessary outcomes
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the advertising and ad tech industry, customers, and technology trends and facilitate learning across the Media and Digital & Technology teams.
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
• 2 or more years of relevant Product Management Experience (Dev, UX, Strategy, etc.) within digital or technology areas with a focus on advertising, retail or marketing.
• 1 or more years of experience with indirect team management / leadership / work direction and demonstrated success developing engaged, inclusive teams
• 1 or more years of relevant experience in strategy creation, customer focused solutioning, cross-functional leadership, etc.
• 1 or more years of product management experience with consumer facing products
• Bachelors or advanced degree in IT, computer science, engineering, business, design, human computer interaction or related field or equivalent work experience.
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
• 4 or more years of relevant Product Management Experience (Dev, UX, Strategy, etc.) within digital or technology areas with a focus on advertising, retail or marketing.
• 1 or more years of direct people management experience
• 2 or more years of indirect team management / leadership / work direction and demonstrated success developing engaged, inclusive teams
• Knowledge and passion for advertising, technology and innovation