The Program Assistant is responsible for the general administrative operations of the office. The Program Assistant is a primary point of contact within the building, and will be instrumental in maintaining reception duties, holding scheduling and documentation responsibilities, coordinating coverage among the administrative team.
"You have the opportunity to work with a great team of staff that have a variety of skills and knowledge. The environment is fast paced but not stressful due to the attitude and energy brought forth by the team. You get to wear a bunch of different hats. You’re not just supporting staff, you’re getting to work with a multitude of systems."- Seneca Employee
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity, innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click here!
- Screen and direct telephone calls
- Maintain department files
- Process all mail, correspondence and information to and from the program’s office.
- Maintain the office equipment, including organizing phone coverage as needed.
- Maintain the safety, organization, and professional appearance of the front office space.
- Order and organize program supplies.
- Informally coordinate communication among agency employees by keeping track of schedules and individuals’ whereabouts.
- Greet visitors and interact with clients and families.
- Keep photocopies of agency forms available in the front office.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with multi-line telephone systems
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid California driver's license and insurance
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities
- 4 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off
- We provide a 403b retirement plan