Program Assistant, Washington, DC, (ID#15346)
This position requires an active SECRET clearance.
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is committed to delivering innovative solutions to solve its clients' toughest problems, whether it be in the next state or around the world. CNMS utilizes the most qualified teams to support each client's mission, providing responsive, strategic and innovative paths forward. CNMS makes it a priority to build personal, business relationships with each client and to consistently go above and beyond their expectations.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cnbjobs.com
Assisting The Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs and South and Central Asian Affairs Executive Office, Office of Domestic Services (NEA-SCA/EX/ODS)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be required to manage and track the office budget for travel and representational events, submit occasional work orders, and utilize the Ariba software system to order office supplies.
- Incumbent will be required to deal with phone calls from members of the general public dealing with Israeli/Palestinian issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Department of State operations and overall office management experience
- Knowledge of data sharing systems (i.e. SharePoint)
- Working knowledge of personal computers and general administrative practices, including extensive experience and ability in working properly with classified and unclassified computer data base, operation and knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint and related computer-based programs and the ability to prepare e-mails, notices, reports, etc. from scratch.
- Ability to research open source material for the purpose of keeping office personnel informed of relevant, breaking news and events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of Department of State operations and overall office management experience.
- Specific expert knowledge of Department of State regional bureau management operations and processes
- Specific knowledge of the NEA Bureau's management structures and processes.
- Experience as a secretary/office manager working under pressure.
Controlled climate office environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.