Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 400 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
TSC is seeking a first rate, highly qualified Program Planner & Cost Analyst to support a variety of programs and projects including vehicle fabrication, assembly, test, vehicle modification, and new product development. The Program Planner & Cost Analyst would work closely with project and program managers to develop, maintain, and execute their project plans. This is an excellent, exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced individual with proven hands-on experience in producing and maintaining production plans for aircraft fabrication, assembly and integration, with an understanding of composite structure fabrication techniques.
- Develop and maintain the Integrated Master Schedule using MS Project
- Work with developmental and operational teams to identify changes to the plan, making sure schedules are kept current
- Perform weekly and monthly business battle rhythm of schedule status, baseline maintenance, critical path analysis, schedule variance analysis, and network logic validation
- Prepare various schedule reports and metrics
- Perform schedule “what-if” analysis to assist decision making
- Provide MS Project technical support to staff on an as needed basis
- Assist in various aspects of resource management
- Recommend and develop schedule management solutions, processes and procedures to improve the reporting system
- Interact and coordinate across a variety of program functional organizations such as engineering, procurement, production and quality control
- Assist in the development and execution of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Perform quality control audits and analysis to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of engineering technical and other data for critical path, risk, structure, trend and EV analysis
- Perform cost analysis duties for assigned projects
- Extract, organize, analyze and report project cost data
- Develop project cost estimates through discussions with others and/or self-assisted research
- Prepare and track program performance to operating plan
- Assist in developing the annual budget
What you bring
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years applicable experience relative to Program Planning and Scheduling using MS Project
- Advanced knowledge regarding the effective integration of schedule and cost in an EVMS environment
- Experience with products built during the planning processes [e.g., IMP, IMS, Product Breakdown Structure (PBS), Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)]
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of Information Technology
- Advanced Excel skills (functions, graphs, pivot charts, vlookup, etc.)
- Ability to work without supervision to lead the development of program plans and schedules for multiple programs concurrently
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to proactively communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests and handle sudden changes in priorities
- Ability to embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Excellent follow through and persistence
- Due to export control regulations this role is open to U.S. citizens only
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
ITAR RequirementsTo conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.