The Purchasing Program Buyer is responsible for providing business unit support, including requests for quotation, new product launch development, leading early supplier involvement, value analysis/value engineering, and leading supplier launch coordination with local manufacturing sites in alignment with global purchasing commodity teams.
- Coordinate supplier new product introductions in support of customer product launches. Provide active representation on the project teams until SOP + 90 days.
- Provide supply material pricing cost summaries to respective product launch teams.
- Utilize supplier selection in alignment with global purchasing commodity strategies and new product performance requirements.
- Coordinate early supplier involvement with product and manufacturing teams. Drive value analysis/value engineering activity during launch phase. Report ESI savings and cost avoidance in TVM database.
- Support respective project prototype purchasing requirements.
- Negotiate technical and/or supply agreements with suppliers involved in "early supplier involvement" to ensure that Tenneco design and developed technology is protected.
- Support improvement of supplier launch procedures to minimize inventory obsolescence and support lean manufacturing needs in alignment with operational expectations.
- Liaison to business units, as required.
- B.S. Degree in a related Business or Technical discipline. Technical education is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years'inProgram Purchasing, Automotive Industry
- Minimum5 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management or related work environment or demonstrated ability and skills to support new product launches
- Strong leadership skills and team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written across various levels. Fluent in Spanish, plus
- Strong and demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.) and knowledgeable of ERP systems (SAP desired).
- Functional understanding of Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvement, BOMs, ERP, TS16949 and related AIAG practices and standards.
- Ability to interpret and communicate engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to travel, including internationally, as required. Previous international business experience desired (LCC preferred).
- Motivated, self starter who is familiar with a range of materials and manufacturing processes; e.g., steel, stamping, forging, machining, casting, cold heading, rubber and plastic.
- Prefer process exposurein high speed manufacturing(in general) with specific lean towards high speedstamping.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to support new product launch process (i.e. APQP, project planning, NPIS or equivalent).
- Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers, engineers, managers, and related; have ability to make reasonable decisions quickly;be a team player to get best economics and quality as an end target.