What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
Job Summary:This position is tasked with a variety of efforts relating to increasing overall Client Services results within the organization. These tasks include but are not limited to reporting, analytics and modeling, strategic planning and presentation preparation. In addition, the Client Services Analyst reviews data to develop and improve the client evaluation process. The Client Services Analyst will maintain the database for Client Services activity and support the Client Services Group as a whole.
- Oversees all aspects of the current client tracking system of the Client Services Department. This requires a strategic understanding and knowledge of the division.
- Evaluates (CRM) program performance (development and maintenance process).
- Responsible for the continuous development and improvement of standard reporting tools.
- Develops and provides analysis on client specific metrics.
- Responsible for support related to client metrics and reporting.
- Provides guidance and training on system processes to the Client Services team, as well as regular system tasks.
- Prepare presentations and reports on an on-going basis.
- Special projects, as assigned.
- Moderate to strong knowledge of CRM (Microsoft Dynamics a plus), including the use of charts, report building. Prior in-depth experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. (Visio / desirable)
- Experience using databases.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to recognize inconsistencies and assess reasonableness.
- Ability to lead projects and build cross-departmental relationships.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized and ability to thrive in fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects with little supervision.
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to work independently on diverse assignments.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, motivation, enthusiasm and patience.
- Thrive in and foster a highly collaborative work environment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to present findings and communicate key concepts to senior management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Project management experience required.
- Microsoft Project experience required.
- 3 – 5 years data analysis experience required.
- Previous experience leading projects of all sizes, independently or within a team.
Please note: Markel has a phased approach for re-entry into our buildings that is designed to balance the ongoing health, safety, and wellbeing of our employees with operational considerations and regulatory/ governmental requirements and recommendations. Remote working is still the preferred method of working for most positions at this time.
“Why work for us?”
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people’s differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style—some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.