Program Consultants work with customers before and after the purchase of program materials. They are responsible for introducing the program to prospective customers and discussing implementation strategies. This process includes phone and email conversations related to program materials. This position is responsible for following up with leads generated from the website and other marketing efforts. Successful candidates must be comfortable discussing student behavior, academic performance and educational philosophies with educators and administrators.
In some instances, program consultants will conduct live webinars that consist of audio discussions and PowerPoint presentations. Candidates must be comfortable addressing educators in a professional manner.
While this position does not require regular travel, there may instances where a Program Consultant will be required to represent the company at an industry conference. These events typically require three days of travel.
- Discuss program materials with prospective customers
- Conduct conference calls with prospective customers
- Conduct online webinars with prospective customers
- Diligently log prospect and account activity in Salesforce
- Design program implementations for prospective customers
- Create implementation budgets
- Prepare customers for online or onsite training events
- Provide customer service and other technical assistance
This position requires some familiarity with schools and the education system. A 2 or 4-year degree in an applicable field is preferred. Preference will be given to those candidates with previous teaching experience. Other qualifications include strong organizational and communication skills.
This position requires strong computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office. Routine duties require the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Program Consultants will also use a variety of internet applications such as Salesforce, GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar and Calendly.