The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The program coordinator is responsible for assisting in the successful administration and execution of educational and professional development programming at CSIS.
The Abshire-Inamori Leadership Academy (AILA) provides internal leadership and development programs to CSIS staff and interns, including foreign policy seminars, current event discussions, and professional skill-building workshops. The Executive Education portfolio is responsible for developing substantive training programs for outside organizations, including corporate, government, university, and NGO partners across the globe. The program coordinator is an integral part of the team and responsible for overseeing a wide range of program components, including preparation and implementation of training programs, correspondence with vendors and clients, financial management, liaising with research teams across the center, coordinating speakers, creating marketing and outreach strategies, and providing administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Contribute to the development and implementation of current and new CSIS AILA and executive education programs. Ensure smooth coordination of all administrative functions.
• Develop educational packets and materials for CSIS interns, staff, and outside participants.
• Draft curricula, evaluations, brochures, program schedules, and manage logistics for a range of classroom activities.
• Assist program participants and speakers during their time at CSIS.
• Oversee administrative support for all assigned programs, including arranging travel, hotel accommodation, room reservations, food orders, photo, AV, webcasting, and other logistical support as needed.
• Manage online portals for executive programs to house program materials.
• Assist with budget management, including tracking finances for various projects, processing invoices, and reconciling receipts.
• Assist with outreach and recruitment initiatives for executive programs, including mailing campaigns, social media strategies, and other marketing efforts.
• Assist with managing salesforce and other database systems.
• Liaise with CSIS research and administrative staff throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Event planning experience required
• Strong attention to detail required
• Familiarity with Excel, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and Canva or other design platforms desired
• Ability to multitask and to work closely with a range of individuals with diverse backgrounds, dispositions, and executive levels
• A positive attitude, creative outlook, and ability to project a professional image to the public, co-workers, partners, and CSIS clients
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performances of duties require the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel. The job frequently requires ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and college transcript at http://csis.org/about-us/careers