Do you want a career where you can truly make a difference? The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is one of the largest human service providers in Lake County. We live our mission each day, promoting the health and well-being of all who live, work, and play in Lake County. If you are passionate about giving back and ready to be a part of an innovative team, we are looking for you!
About the Role:
Our22-bed inpatient detox and rehabilitation unit is looking for a Program Coordinator to join our team. The Program Coordinator will be responsiblefor the planning, organizing, delivery and evaluation of clinical services within the Addictions Treatment Program.
Location: 3002 Grand Avenue, Waukegan, IL 60085
Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Skills and Experience
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision and development for ATP staff, including completion of evaluations.
- Ensures adequate staff coverage for ATP site.
- Monitors the programs adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Assures ongoing compliance with Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center, Joint Commission Accreditation of Health Organization, federal and state standards and regulations.
- Monitors and insures physical plant maintenance and safety compliance at ATP
- Will work collaboratively with the programs medical provider and other LCHD programs
- Obtains monthly service statistics and provides other statistical information.
- Promotes and facilitates the professional development of program staff by means of in-service training sessions.
- Interviews job applicants for staff positions and makes recommendations for hiring to Associate Director/Director.
- Provides direction on the scope, types, and evaluation of clinical and administrative programming that is offered utilizing published best practices and empirically proven clinical methodologies in delivery of client care.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities in conducting administrative and clinical meetings and ensures effective communication among all staff regarding administrative and clinical issues.
Education, Qualifications, and Certification:
- Master's Degree in psychology, social work, nursing or related field, with four years' experience in the chemical dependency/behavioral health field, which includes two years of supervisory experience.
- Licensing or Certification required-licensed by the State of Illinois as a Physician, Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (L.C.P.C.), Registered Nurse or be a Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (CADC).
About the Perks:
Lake County offers a competitive salary and benefit package with performance-based incentive plans. We also offer flexible working hours, and a comprehensive wellness and training program. Visit the Health Department page to get additional information on why you should work for us.
To learn more about the department you will be working for, please visit the Addictions Treatment Programinformation page.If you would like to learn more about our community impact and to see some of our employees in action, please review this short video.
Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background screening, drug and alcohol testing and may include a pre-employment medical exam.
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.