The School of Public Health at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator located in Charleston, WV, that will assist with highly complex coordination, scheduling, developing, and staffing for high-level meetings and activities associated with the office of Health Affairs. This position will be responsible for providing documentation directly related to subcontracts and timely meeting follow-up and notes requiring advanced understanding of statewide issues, and processing paper grant and related documentation based on a high-level of understanding of policy and procedure at WV DHHR.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provides project coordination and management including project schedules.
- Develops and maintains project structure according to guidelines and institutional policies and procedures
- Coordinates the workflow of the project, ensuring that work is proceeding on schedule and meets quality standards. May be required to instruct other staff in the daily routine of the workplace.
- Implements and monitors internal procedures for fiscal and administrative policies impacting the project, in keeping with the school’s Standard Operating Guidelines and the University’s policies and procedures.
- Acts in an advisory capacity on policies and procedures concerning personnel, purchasing, financial matters, state purchasing guidelines, etc.
•Independently prepares memos to various faculty, staff, and students regarding procedural matters, requests for information, deadlines, etc.
- Manages projects of varying size, scope, and complexity as assigned by the Project Director (PD).
- Prepares and processes requisitions and invoices for supplies, equipment, etc.
- Assists in facilitating sub-contract issues.
- May assist with travel arrangements. Ensures that all state, university, and school travel policies are followed.
- Coordinates monthly project management meetings and provides meeting minutes.
- Ensures all project documents are safely archived for project close out.
- Tracks and reports on project milestones and provides status reports to PI and sponsors with approval of PD copying all pertinent stakeholders.
Pay Grade: 15
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree focused in health related field preferred;
- Or an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Two (2) years experience:
- Project management for health related projects
- Intermediate to advanced clerical skills/administrative support skills
- Experience working in an academic environment
- Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages.
- Demonstrated leadership in facilitation, guidance, coordination, and overseeing teams of people.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills..
- Strong time and workload management skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in composing and handling business correspondence.
- Adept at making travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Expert in handling office equipment including copiers and fax machines.
- Internet savvy with a proven expertise in using MS Office applications.
- Excellent customer and student service orientation.
- Ability to research and analyze data effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven interpersonal skills.
- Flexible in working hours.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.