Gryphon Technologies, Inc. (Gryphon) is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Governments partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring todays U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We provide administrative, programmatic, systems engineering, research analysis, and scientific support services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying, documenting and developing requirements for programs and systems related to the CWMD mission
- Tracking the cost, schedule and performance of on-going programs
- Evaluating the health and benefits of on-going programs
- Preparing presentations and reports on program status, path forward and risks
- Briefing senior government program managers on the status, path forward and risks of their programs
- Working with Federal, State & Local stakeholders to identify and track program related issues
- Supporting the day-to-day activities of senior government program managers
- Tracking action items assigned by the Executive Secretary, by the Joint Requirements Oversight Council, and by other cognizant organizations. Taking personal responsibility for ensuring that assigned action items are properly staffed, vetted and completed on time
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating inter-Agency working groups to validate analytical results and gain concurrence with recommendations
- Participate in key technical meetings, workshops, conferences, in-process/program reviews, site visits and field tests
- Conduct technical reviews and provide inputs on products submitted by external organizations
- 20 years work related experience in scientific or engineering disciplines
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, preferably in engineering, mathematics, or Operations Research / Systems Analysis
- Experience developing program and system requirements, to include writing high-quality professional reports, examples of which might include: Analysis of Alternatives, Mission Needs Statements, Concepts of Operations, Operational Requirements Documents
- Experience working with Federal Program Managers to ensure that their programs will meet the operational requirements
- Experience supervising the development of visualizations of complex operational data sets
- Experience supporting Federal Program Managers with the management of U.S. Government programs
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize assignments in a dynamic team environment and to perform assigned tasks with minimal guidance.
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Ability to obtain DHS Suitability
- Experience performing program analysis
- Experience working on issues related to chemical and biological threats, defenses, countermeasures, and/or terrorism
- Experience working with senior program managers on complex issues related to real world operational environments
- Experience working with a wide spectrum of Federal, State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Government stakeholders
- Familiarity with WMD defense and deterrence concepts
- Familiarity with WMD sensors that can detect radiation, chemical or biologic agents, and with non-technical detection methodologies (e.g. law enforcement and intelligence)
- Familiarity with DHS Joint Requirements Integration and Management System (JRIMS) and/or with DODs Joint Capabilities Integration Development System (JCIDS)
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.