Are you fun, highly motivated; like challenges; collaborative; committed to delivering high quality work? If so, then you may be a great candidate for our CNB Team!
Cherokee Nation Businesses (CNB) is the economic engine of the Cherokee Nation - the largest Indian Nation in the United States CNB owns companies in the gaming, hospitality, information technology, health care, personnel services, distribution, manufacturing, telecommunications, environmental services, and security and defense industries. We are looking for highly motivated and entrepreneurial leaders to join our team to build upon and further develop our growing our diverse portfolio of businesses.
SUMMARY Performs cost variance analysis related to CNB Diversified Businesses contracts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Review and train program and Project managers in Budget & Planning software and required commands for usage to develop cost information, budgets, and variance analysis of the project.
- Confirm employee time charging, historical costs to funding, and labor billable categories to help ensure accuracy and completeness of project cost status.
- Audit budget and spend plans in Deltek Budget and Planning software and report any inconsistencies.
- Provide Finance and Operations with analysis of contract funding, billings, and cost.
- Oversee set up of projects in Costpoint for billing and expense coding.
- Ensure compliance to cost reporting and forecasting of the project.
- Prepare contract cost deliverables for the contract and presenting to the customer.
- Reconcile unbilled amounts to project revenue and AR billed.
- Reconcile contract funding to expenditures for program managers and customers.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
No management or supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires Bachelor's Degree in Business administration, Accounting, Finance or related field of study with 5 years of cost accounting analysis experience and a minimum of 3 years' experience in a project contracting environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Project accounting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Hands on knowledge of large software systems, such as Deltek, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)