Meridian Services, Inc.
Do you want to make a positivedifference in someone’s life?
Join our team as a Lead Direct Support Professional at our St. Louis Park Group Home
We’re looking for a caring and experienced direct support professional to work with 2 individuals who have intellectual disabilities, autism and mental health diagnosis in their home in St. Louis Park - Hampshire North Program.
As a lead direct support professional, you will be a part of helping people work on outcomes/goals to gain independence and lifelong skills. This position will be 50% direct care and 50% working on office and administrative tasks such as appointments, ordering groceries and supply shopping, petty cash ledgers, paperwork and other misc. duties as assigned. Our ideal candidate must have experience working with autism or intellectual disabilities, experience with positive behavioral management programming and experience with physical and verbalaggressions.
- Work on tailored outcomes with each person in the home. Outcomes mayinclude:budgeting, behavioral management, community exploration, meal planning, organizational skills, coping skills, and/or physical fitness.
- Assist with paperwork and attending doctor appointments
- Be an active participant with individuals served when working on outcomes and out in the community.
- Assist with personal cares as needed per person served
- Provide guidance and instructional teaching to persons while building life skills.
- Provide cleaning, cooking and medication administration to the men living at the home
- Provide supervision and transportation in the community on activities and appointments. Typically, a company vehicle is available, but times may requireuseof own personal vehicle
* To be at least 18 years of age for the program
* Have a vehicle with current car insurance
* Have an acceptable driving record as determined by Meridian Services policy.
* Successful clearance from a DHS background Study
* Ability to complete personal cares
* Experience working with intellectual disabilities, autism or mental health diagnosis
*Experience with physical and verbalaggressionsand use of manual restraints
Schedule:Fulltime at 40 hours per week- 20 hours direct care/20 hours office work
Must be available between the hours of 8a-10pm and able to commit to the on-call requirements (on call during the week and part of an on call rotation on the weekends).
Wage: $18/hour plus comprehensivebenefitpackage.
MERIDIAN SERVICESprovides person-centered services to people with intellectual disabilities in a variety of settings, including Residential (group home services), In-Home Services/ semi-independent living assistance, vocational services, case management, and other supportive programs. Meridian Services was established in 1980 working with SILS persons. Today, we have 32 group homes, 220 In-Home/SILS persons, and 120 Case Managers with our company in Minnesota.Our missionis to provide services of the finest quality so that those we serve will be able to realize their dreams.
*Medical and Dental Coverage
*Supplemental Insurance offered through Colonial Life
*Paid Time Off
*Childcare at Corporate for Employees at a reasonable tuition rate
*Employee of the month recognition and gift card
Meridian Services is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer.
Please feel free to check out our organization athttps://meridiansvs.com
Qualified persons may apply through our website on the career page.