MHS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve people’s lives and instill hope by providing cost-effective community based mental health, drug and alcohol recovery, and housing services. We continually seek new and improved ways of serving our clients and communities.
The Program Manager is responsible for overall program management, quality assurance, leadership, staff supervision, clinical supervision, clinical assessment guideline review, training, budget management, record keeping, safety, and compliance with contract requirements and the Mental Health Systems, Inc. policies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Oversee quality of direct services, ensuring adherence to best practices, quality of care, and highest professional standards.
• Supervise accurate data collection and record keeping. Prepare required reports.
• Supervise all direct reports in accordance with contract requirements and company policies. Conduct staff meetings and provide positive and meaningful coaching to staff.
• Manage staff to maintain positive morale and unit cohesion as evidenced by maintaining a cooperative and flexible attitude toward coworkers, showing adaptability to change, and exhibiting effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Recruit, interview, and select most qualified candidates in timely manner.
• Adhere to program budget and review monthly operating statement to ensure financial integrity.
• Attend community meetings, collaborate with external leaders and experts, and participate in public relations activities as required.
• Maintain knowledge of best practices by reading publications, attending seminars, conferences, in-service trainings and other training as necessary. Seek out supervision for support when needed.
• Maintain a minimum degree of training and knowledge in cultural competency, co-occurring and gender responsiveness, and trauma-informed care.
• Oversee facilities and safe work environment by ensuring equipment is in good operating condition and maintaining a clean and neat workplace. Respond to injuries in the workplace in accordance with state and federal law.
• Utilize logical problem-solving techniques both independently and in collaboration with program staff and others to respond to participant needs.
• Respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations. Guide and support staff to properly address emergency situations.
• Comply with all MHS and program rules, policies and procedures including HIPAA standards.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
• LCSW, LMFT or Psychologist with California licensure or license required
• Two years of supervisory experience working in a treatment program or similar work setting
• At least five years of experience working with clients with mental illness/substance abuse and dually diagnosed persons in individual and group settings
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective counseling, therapy and clinical services
• Demonstrated experience managing a budget and maintaining operations under budget constraints
• CPR/ First Aid certified
• Valid California driver’s license and current auto insurance per contract requirements
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and EHR software
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Salary: 60000.00 Annual