One of our top clients in Cary, NC has an opening for a Program Manager. If interested, please send the most up-to-date copy of your resume to Sarah at email@example.com
We are seeking a Program Manager to join our team. You will be a key member of the Program Management team, owning and executing key projects for our client's most exciting initiative. Your role will focus on the digital program delivery and expansion activities along with continuous improvement. You will have a consistent record of complex project delivery, from inception and design through implementation, measurement, closure and handover as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
• Oversee a highly complex program; coordinate the management of multiple related projects with end-to-end program’s strategy and roadmap
• Drive and own the successful completion of commits and milestone reviews
• Champion process, productivity, and tooling improvements
• Assess risks and develop contingency plans
• Communicate and manage goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes
• Interface with all departments to ensure relevant areas are engaged in time to develop deliverables within their area to support project deliverables
• Support partner teams to refine processes and increase efficiency in line with program objectives
• Make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market in consultation with business partners
• Develop change processes associated with program roll out and ongoing support
• Track delivery against program objectives and implement proposals to improve program services
• Lead cross-functional project team in the development of the program plan. Understand the deliverables of all functional areas
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs vs. technical
• Provide guidance and oversight to the project managers within the program to monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of projects, while working to ensure success of the program
• Master’s Degree with MBA/equivalent experience
• Program Management Certification or PRINCE2 /PMP Certification with relevant experience
• Experience in process improvement using methods like Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma
• 10+ years overall experience, including 5+ years in program management of large complex software projects with aggressive schedules: from identification of needs to execution of detailed program plans.
• 6+ years of broad experience in Information technologies, specifically application development
• Must be a good written communicator
• Must be able to design effective PowerPoint slides to communicate complex material to executive audiences
• Ability to work as a team member and lead team efforts in a cross-functional matrix team organization.
• Excellent grasp of software development life-cycle and software engineering methodologies.
• Good understanding of industry-standard SW Quality measurements, techniques and methodologies
• Ability to be successful in an unstructured and fast paced team environment and work independently with light supervision
• Proven record of innovation and technical thought leadership with excellent business acumen. Exercises good judgment in both technology and business situations.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Able to manage and prioritize large number of commitments
• Hands on experience with Clarity, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree required and 10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to an AVP/VP or head of a unit/department.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178