Dignity Health Mercy General Hospital has been serving the Sacramento community for more than 100 years. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy General has been at its current site in the heart of East Sacramento since 1925. Mercy General Hospital has 342 licensed beds, a physician staff of more than 800 and is the highest volume cardiac procedure hospital in California. Mercy General is one of six Sacramento area hospitals that are part of Dignity Health, a system of 39 hospitals and medical centers in California, Arizona and Nevada.
This position reports to the CNEO. The Program Manager Clinical Operations collaborates with all clinical departments. Critical Care, Performance Excellence, Quality, Medical Staff and Strategic Planning in all related activities associated with process improvement, performance improvement, education which are intended to ensure that the patients, personnel & visitors will receive quality care while within the facility's environment and to ensure compliance with TJC Hospital Accreditation Standards, State and CMS regulations. The Program Manager Clinical Operations will at all times uphold the best interests of Mercy General Hospital and Dignity Health by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, committing to the values inherent in Dignity Health and Mercy General's Mission and Philosophy. The incumbent has the authority to [practice the profession of Registered Nursing according to the California Nurse Practice Act as is accountable to the CNEO. The Program Manager Clinical Operations will provide supervision and direction of patient care duties to other staff in the coordinated care practices for the clinical areas. This role provides functional supervision and direction to the clinical staff members on the implementation of standards of care and practice. This position may actively participate in the development and successful implementation of policies, procedures and protocols as they relate to process improvement, quality, and patient care standards/initiatives.
- Assist the Nurse Managers and Directors with ongoing assessment and development of programs, policies & procedures and forms to address the needs of patients, employees, volunteers, contract workers, independent contractors, physicians, registry workers and students in accordance with the guidelines established by the regulatory agencies
- Effectively manages Hospital wide Quality Action Teams (QAT) including the observation, implementation and maintenance of rapid cycle sustained quality outcomes
- Ensures that the Hospitals Operation's related to Evidence Based Patient Care Initiatives, Process/Performance Improvement, Quality, and Strategic Planning Programs complies with all hospital policies and delivers high-quality care to patients
- Leads clinical and operational process improvement plans, measures results and actively seeks methods to provide cost effective operational outcomes and clinical excellence
- Integrates physician practice into multidisciplinary team projects and gains physician participation and engagement concerning evidence-based quality practices and current regulatory requirements
- Assists the organization with changes in and /or implementation of new regional and corporate quality program indicators
- Assists in maintaining a system of record keeping which allows for the collection and interpretation of pertinent data for the various PI projects/initiatives. Utilizes facility based clinical and administrative databases to retrieve necessary information for analysis, presentation, and communication with healthcare workers. Validates the accuracy of data retrieved prior to submission of mandatory reported data to State and Federal agencies. Conducts data analysis, utilizing standardized analytical evaluation to which then drive performance improvement activities
nursing, nursing leader, nursing director, nursing manager, ANS, administrative nursing, house supervisor
The incumbent will possess a skill set which includes but is not limited to: team building and team leadership, group dynamics management, effective verbal, written, oral and presentation communication skills, the ability to effectively and professionally interact at all levels in the organization with individuals of diverse backgrounds, an awareness of the current healthcare environment and regulatory requirements. Working knowledge of the Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation, The Joint Commission (TJC) standards, National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG), Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) tools and methods, Transformational Care (Rapid Cycle Improvement) tools, problem solving, negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution, strategic and education planning, quality theory and practice.
- 3 years experience in project leadership and supervision in an acute care setting within a large complex organization.
- Associates degree
- RN license
- Prior experience leading/implementing evidence based practice process/performance improvement initiatives.
- Previous experience with hospital database (MIDAS, HBI) Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree