Burns & McDonnell's rapidly growing Water Practice is in search of Program Managers to market and manage major combined sewer overflow (CSO) and sanitary sewer overflow (SSO) projects for major metropolitan sewer districts across the United States. Founded in 1898 to develop water and sewer systems for municipalities throughout the Midwest, Burns & McDonnell is 100 percent employee-owned and proud to be on FORTUNE’s 2018 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, along with numerous regional workplace and industry honors.
- This position requires self-driven individuals responsible for program management of large CSO and SSO projects.
- Candidates will also be responsible for the establishment and negotiation of scope, schedule, and fees with clients and sub-consultants, program planning, budgeting, the establishment of critical program objectives, negotiating compliance schedules and terms with regulatory agencies, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Provide managerial and technical direction to professional and support staff during CSO/SSO project execution, including project controls, data management, capital project delivery, public outreach, regulatory compliance, and construction management.
- Develop and present CSO/SSO program issues to regulatory agencies as well as the general public.
- Licensed professional engineer with a bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 years of program management experience; however, the completion of advanced degrees may be substituted for work experience.
- This position requires individuals with an understanding of the National CSO policy and experience in working on large water/wastewater programs.
- Candidate must have capital planning and project delivery experience, including design and construction.
- Familiarity with federal and state regulatory programs related to CSO and SSO control and familiarity with current wet-weather overflow control technologies for CSO and SSO control is a plus.
- Candidate shall have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.