Job Description Summary:
The Program Manager has responsibility for providing planning, oversight, and the successful launch of a variety of projects to support corporate lean manufacturing initiatives, capital projects, and new product launches. Responsible and accountable for coordination of project leadership activities including, project scope, planning, schedule attainment, project budget, and management status updates. Organizes, leads, and facilitates cross functional projects and Kaizen events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies and manages resources including cross functional team members to successfully execute project through Stage/Gate Process taking leadership role at Gate #3
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements and assigning duties to project team members as required
- Maintaining project schedules by monitoring progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Develops metrics that monitor project progress and success
- Consults with functional leaders to improve processes and product quality
- Travelling to production facilities and evaluating the feasibility of production, standard work and time study analysis with manufacturing Engineers
- Assist with the deployment of lean tools: SMED, A3, 5S, Standardized Work, VSM, Problem Solving
- Leads Process Design and Development Cycle within the manufacturing location for assigned programs with minimal supervision
- Identify process solutions necessary to meet the required engineering, manufacturing, quality and financial targets within program timing
- Work closely with manufacturing and engineering to address Design for Manufacture and Assembly concerns including GD&T at both the assembly and detail levels
- Provide reports to Leadership on the up-to-date status of all programs as well as any potential risk or concerns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Data Analysis
- Results, Action Oriented
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Time Management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Work Experience: 5 years related project management experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or a related field
- Lean manufacturing: Experience facilitating, coaching, and implementing Lean, kaizen/six sigma, and driving lean transformation in a manufacturing environment
- Leadership: Proven ability to successfully manage cross functional teams
- Industry Standards: Familiarity with APQP Process, ISO / IATF certifications and SAE Standards
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Organization Skills: Ability to maintain clean and organized work space; ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects
- Cross-functional skills: Ability to work and handle multiple job assignments; ability to work with and communicate with other departments including Tooling, QA, Engineering, and Manufacturing
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, comfortable teaching and presenting to large groups and all organizational levels from the shop floor to CEO. Ability to maintain a professional & pleasant demeanor
- Physical, Mental and Visual Skills: Be Data driven. Ability to analyze information to solve complex problems; ability to maintain attention to detail and accuracy
- Physical Environment: Normal office work setting with plant and process development and reviews
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel up to 30% of the time between locations. Some international travel required. Must hold a valid passport.
About CURT Manufacturing:
CURT Group is a family of more than 1000 associates world-wide. We believe that the customer is KING and our associates are our greatest ASSET. With headquarters in Eau Claire, WI our brands include CURT, Aries, Retrac, Luverne, and UWS. With manufacturing plants in Eau Claire, the Philippines, Brandon, South Dakota, Perry, Florida and eleven regional warehouses across North America and Canada, we are proud to offer our customers reliable service and dependable American-made towing products and truck accessories.
CURT Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CURT provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category.